Ghost Robotics is the industry leader in legged robotic systems that not only help our customers solve complex operational, national security, and technical challenges to save lives, reduce harm and improve outcomes.
This position will be reporting into the Head, Electronics and Firmware, working closely with a fast-moving team delivering next-generation legged robotic solutions for defense, homeland, public safety and enterprise customers worldwide. We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, knowledgeable, has a solid work ethic, can learn quickly and execute under demanding timelines. There is a strong growth opportunity as the company expands.
- Write firmware for various components of Ghost’s leading Q-UGV platform, including, motor controllers and the battery management system.
- Manage hardware, software, and application integration through the full deployment cycle for inspection, security, military-specific and confidential customer applications.
- Integrate a broad range of RGB, thermal/IR, TOF, gas, audio and other task-specific sensors, onto the Ghost’s Q-UGVs.
- Manage and document projects, and effectively communicate customer functional requirements internally and with partner companies.
- Research, analyze and recommend new applications and technology.
- Expertise with firmware programming in C or C++
- Familiarity with STM32 MCU family
- Experience with sensors and/or actuators
- Experience with high speed communication protocols such as ethernet, etherCAT, QSPI, and techniques to manage high data throughput, such as DMA, interrupt scheduling
- Good track record in revision control and CI/CD
- Ability to work within the parameters provided
- Capability to test code and designs on V60 platform
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Experience programming firmware for mobile robot systems
- Expertise in BLDC FOC control
- Familiarity with RT Linux, Kernel build tools
- Experience in maintaining a large project codebase
- Demonstrated experience in developing with and/or debugging of high frequency closed loop systems with low latency requirement
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of an interdisciplinary team with competing priorities
Minimum Work Experience
3-5-years minimum experience at an established integration firm, consultancy or product company in the area of electronics or firmware.
Bachelor’s in software, math, physics, electrical or similar discipline from recognized institutions.
Clear standard and customer-specific background checks, pre-hire, post hire and anytime during employment as required. Eligible for future security clearances.