The Community Engagement Events Manager will administer and support functions of the Community Engagement and Diversity Department, including planning and executing community events, coordinating event logistics in conjunction with the Artistic Planning and Orchestra Production Departments, regularly engaging with neighborhood and/or partner organizations, supporting communications and marketing outreach efforts, and assisting with the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Collaborate with the Director of Community Engagement to plan and execute neighborhood-based initiatives through CSO In Your Neighborhood, Brady Block Party Series, MAC Music Innovator, and other community activities.
- Collaborate on the execution of Community Engagement events with Orchestra Production, Artistic Planning and Orchestra Personnel.
- Communicate regularly with orchestra musicians on logistics for community engagement events
- Maintain records through Tessitura and OPAS operating systems
- Maintain positive relationships with community partners and manage project scope and execution to align with Memoranda of Understanding
- Staff community engagement events and activities as needed (frequent nights and weekends required)
- Provide administrative and logistical support for MAC (Multicultural Awareness Council) and MAC Music Innovator programming
- Support CSO and MAC leadership in the implementation of MAC and MAC Music Innovator community engagement initiatives, post-concert receptions and special events
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the Classical Roots Community Choir and Classical Roots related activity
- Coordinate and support Classical Roots Community Choir rehearsals and community performances
- Support the CSO values; diversity equity and inclusion initiatives, and execution of the strategic plan
- Perform other duties as assigned
Communications & Marketing:
- Attend interdepartmental meetings to promote and coordinate logistical support for community engagement and DEI initiatives
- Provide event updates to Marketing and Communications for proper social media, eblast and website copy
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
- 1 to 2 years of experience in Community Engagement and/or Event Production
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Experience working with orchestras (preferred)
- Enthusiasm for classical music
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and be able to stand for long periods of time.