Commercial Building Systems Coordinator
The building systems teams oversee Redstone’s physical assets and are responsible for keeping the portfolio in top shape, ensuring high curb appeal and that building operations are functioning properly. The position requires an outgoing, resourceful, and enthusiastic professional. The role supports the Commercial Building Systems Manager and the commercial team. This position requires a person who is willing to travel to a collection of our commercial portfolio and ensure our standards are followed.
Reports to: Commercial Building Systems Manager
Wage Status: Non-Exempt
- Ensuring contract specifications are met on properties
- Grounds, life safety, elevator, HVAC, etc.
- Granting access for vendors and assisting with annual vendor inspections
- Boiler tags, elevator inspections, life safety inspections, etc.
- Creating work orders and following up with items that stem from vendor inspections.
- Performing regular property checks to determine needed repairs/upgrades and making sure property has high curb appeal.
- Managing or assisting owners/representatives/construction manager with capital improvement and larger maintenance projects as needed
- Being a “boots on the ground” person when needed
- Assisting Building Systems Manager with projects as needed
- Working with the commercial team to follow up on insurance inspections
- Loss control visits, insurance claims, etc.
- Assisting the Building Systems Manager or commercial team members with vendors for construction projects
- Meeting vendors on site for estimates
- Meeting vendors on site for projects when required
- Being a “Redstone Representative” when required
Essential Job Requirements
We are one Redstone! Our team works collaboratively and proactively to deliver exemplary customer service in support of our service standards: Safety, Courtesy, Inclusivity, Efficiency, and Pride of Place. Redstone is looking for a candidate that consistently?exhibits a professional communication style and positive attitude and can pivot quickly.?Exemplary customer service skills are critical.? Our preferred candidate will be able to adapt to the changing needs of projects, be a team player, and exhibit?self-direction. The person for this position should have strong communication skills, be organized, and the ability to learn as well as the willingness to contribute when needed for projects.
- Attendance is an imperative job function. This position is a hybrid of remote and office work. Self-motivation, the ability to work independently, and being available are all essential.
- Some early mornings will be required for inspections
- Must be organized
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules, and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- Other duties may be assigned as they arise.
- Valid driver's license, along with reliable transportation and vehicle insurance, are required to carry out the duties of this position.
- Must pass criminal background check.