Basic Function: The Customer Service Specialist will be responsible for communicating and assisting with the
needs of our customers and sales reps. This person must have a customer-focused mindset and an innate ability
to respond to customers’ expectations and requirements. Supports all business segments in regards to customer
inquiries and acts as a liaison between customer service and operations. This position will work closely with the
team to ensure there is consistent communication between the sales reps, customers, and operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Main point of contact for customers and sales reps and acts as a liaison between front office personnel and operations. Assists both internal and external customers with problems as they arise quickly and professionally.
- Receives, enters and processes orders into ERP business system
- Reviews orders for completeness and works with sales reps to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Acknowledges orders to sales reps and customers.
- Communicates scheduled ship date to sales reps.
- Reviews production schedule with operations and proactively notifies sales reps of any delayed/late shipments
- Responds to all incoming requests (phone and email) to provide assistance to customers by providing them with order status updates, shipping information and following up on orders to advise of any potential delays.
- Provides customer support in multiple areas such as investigating and solving problems for sales reps, Regional Sales Managers, production, purchasing, sales, service and warranty, etc.
- Actively involved in process improvements.
- Understands and assists with the quoting process as needed
- Processes Change Orders affecting existing orders.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- High School Diploma required, Associates Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years in a customer service environment a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years in manufacturing environment a plus.
- Thorough understanding of customer support and consistent follow through on all issues and situations is desired
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook is a plus
- Excellent math skills.
- Experience with an ERP system is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous team environment experience and communication experience with customers and associates preferred.
- The ability to multi-task while remaining focused to complete the multiple tasks that need performed on a daily basis.
- Must be able work in a fast paced team environment and have excellent follow up skills