Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform and services company that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. The company’s innovative solutions in rights management, automated royalty accounting, advanced payments, and daily performance analytics provide leaders in music and culture with the unfettered ability to publish, distribute and monetize their audio-visual content on a global scale. Vydia is a wholly-owned division of gamma., the artist-first multimedia platform providing creative and business services across all artistic and commercial formats founded by CEO Larry Jackson and President Ike Youssef. To learn more, please visit vydia.com
Vydia is actively seeking a seasoned executive for the role of Vice President of Engineering, responsible for leading our team of technologists of all levels, including full-stack product developers, data engineers, business intelligence engineers, and UX/UI designers. In this critical leadership position, you will play a pivotal role in steering the industry-changing development of our award-winning user platform, admin dashboard, and royalty application. You will leverage your expertise in assessing talent to build high-performing teams, managing and mentoring developers of all levels to foster a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
You will report to our parent company’s CPTO, collaborate with other Vydia Executives and various internal stakeholders to execute the company’s strategic roadmap, architect scalable infrastructure solutions, maintain compliance requirements, and stay aligned with partners such as Apple, Spotify, Meta, and others.
The ideal candidate for this role is adept at architecting solutions, assessing tradeoffs, proposing Minimum Viable Products (MVPs), and influencing efficient decision-making processes. An analytical thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and a growth mindset, you should thrive in problem-solving and relish collaboration with diverse individuals.
- Lead, inspire, and develop Vydia’s team of diverse technologists including product developers, data engineers, business intelligence engineers, and UX/UI designers.
- Recruit, onboard, and retain diverse technical talent as needed to scale the organization in collaboration with People Operations
- Develop technical strategy, goals, and KPIs for the engineering organization; Measure and communicate challenges, productivity, and impact of the engineering team’s efforts
- Partner with Product Management on technical research, prototyping, roadmap prioritization, project estimates, product development progress, launch plans, and overall product maintenance
- Set technical goals with the business’s goals in mind and balance both to yield the best outcomes for both
- Architect secure and stable infrastructure solutions as the business continues to scale; Continue to transform the organization and product to be more scalable, secure, and test-driven
- Work with AWS micro services related to storage, load balancing, serverless architecture, etc.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs; Manage and productize partner data
- In collaboration with Product Management, lead bi-weekly Sprint events including daily standups, tech planning, sprint review, and retrospective
- Create technical programs and committees that improve DevOps and the quality of product development
- Manage operational tech stack and tech personnel budgets
- Create and enhance server monitoring, logging, and alerting systems; Maintain the ability to minimize and mitigate high-impact issues quickly
- Develop and enforce standards for engineering code reviews, deployment, documentation, and code hygiene
- Create and manage Tech-on-call schedule and protocols
- Hybrid/remote role, but must be located in one of these states: NJ, NY, CA, PA, FL, TN
- 10+ years experience as a product developer, software engineer, data engineer, or UX engineer
- 5+ years of experience managing high-performance technical teams and working with cross-functional counterparts, Experience recruiting and developing tech talent
- Experience with product development software and frameworks (Agile, Scrum, GitHub, Jira, Stack Overflow, Productboard)
- Experience with cloud architecture and management
- Experience with security software, architecture, and testing
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize appropriately, and maintain standards when it comes to attention to detail
- Ability to solve complex problems, uncover root issues and provide guidance on remediation
- Can prepare and communicate concise, impactful updates at the Executive level, but can also dig into the details when investigation and analysis are needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to drive alignment among differing perspectives
- BS in Computer Science or equal level of relevant technical experience
- Passionate about music, media, and technology
- Experience working in a tech startup environment
- Experience managing international and distributed teams
- Has a sense of urgency, and can act effectively when troubleshooting critical issues
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make business decisions
Reasons to work with us:
- Vydia is certified as a Great Place to Work™ company and has been named Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ 5x (2023 most recent) due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment. Additionally, Vydia has been named a 2023 Fortune Best Workplaces in New York.
- Vydia was honored with the 2023 TechUnited Catalyst of Technology Award for our cutting edge technology and scalable platform that provides global music entrepreneurs and their labels the ability to stay independent. Vydia was also named the 2022 winner of the NJBIZ Business Of The Year award (51-100 employees) which recognizes the state’s most dynamic businesses and business leaders who share a commitment to professional excellence, business growth and the community.
- Major growth opportunities alongside the growth of the company; Vydia has been identified as an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America
- Join a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives that are meaningful to our team members
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement with employer matching, and financial wellness plans
- We invest in your growth and development, providing a professional development stipend for continued education and mentorship to support your career goals
- Hybrid flexibility to work from home (depending on role)
- Generous vacation policy including paid maternity/paternity leave
- Vydia provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees and strictly prohibits any type of harassment or discrimination in regards to race, religion, age, color, sex, disability status, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender expression, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, and/or local laws.
- Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Vydia to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact HR@Vydia.com
- Your employment with Vydia is on an at-will basis, meaning either you or the Company can terminate the employment relationship, at any time, for any or no reason, and with or without cause or notice. As an at-will employee, your employment with Vydia is not guaranteed for any length of time.