Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform and services company that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. The company’s innovative solutions in rights management, automated royalty accounting, advanced payments, and daily performance analytics provide leaders in music and culture with the unfettered ability to publish, distribute, and monetize their audio-visual content on a global scale. Vydia is a wholly-owned division of gamma., the artist-first multimedia platform providing creative and business services across all artistic and commercial formats founded by CEO Larry Jackson and President Ike Youssef. To learn more, please visit vydia.com
This role at Vydia as a Principal Engineer is dedicated to driving the growth and impact of our product and development team. We are seeking an exceptional candidate who excels in solving intricate technical challenges, possesses strong architectural skills, and embodies empathetic leadership to uplift those within the team, serving as a true force multiplier.
As a key contributor, your work will play a pivotal role in delivering a robust suite of services utilized by our Labels and Artists for the distribution, monetization, and analysis of content across major music streaming and social platforms such as YouTube, Spotify, Apple, and TikTok.This position involves close collaboration with fellow engineers and product managers, aiming to deliver industry-leading features and products to both internal stakeholders and external clients. If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology and contributing to groundbreaking innovations, we invite you to be a key player in shaping the future of Vydia.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical vision, guidance, and leadership to the engineering team. Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive continuous improvement in engineering processes and methodologies.
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of engineers to deliver high-quality, scalable, and reliable software solutions. Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and professional development.
- Architectural Design: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and architect complex, scalable, and maintainable systems. Make high-level design choices, dictate technical standards, and ensure the robustness and performance of the solutions.
- Innovation: Drive innovation within the team by exploring new technologies, methodologies, and tools. Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Project Management: Collaborate with project leads to define project objectives, scope, and deliverables. Ensure projects are completed on time while meeting high-quality standards.
- Collaboration: Work closely with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions. Communicate complex technical concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Help develop and report on valuable KPIs.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and enforce best practices for software development, code reviews, and quality assurance processes. Champion a culture of high-quality code, testing, and continuous integration.
- Developer Experience: Be a stakeholder in developer experience. Identify and solve problems relating to documentation, code complexity/readability/fragility, tech-on-call, slow or lagging tools that impede productivity, efficiency in debugging, and more.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- Expertise in software architecture, systems design, and database management
- Experience teaching and mentoring senior-level software engineers
- Experience interviewing senior-level software engineers
- Highly skilled in Ruby, React, GraphQL, SQL/Postgres
- Deep understanding of OOP, programming best practices, DevX Software
- DevOps experience (AWS preferred)
- Development Life Cycle
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Track record of delivering high-quality software within deadlines
- Collaborative team player with the ability to adapt to change quickly; Scrum/Agile methodologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
- Can articulate the merits and pitfalls of the different approaches when discussing potential solutions
- A friendly, collaborative, and passionate leader
- Fast at learning and seeks constructive criticism
- Passionate about the latest developments in technology
- Can dive into a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
The Vydia Development Experience:
Join an environment where there is an emphasis on individual growth, experimentation, and ownership. You’ll find a team that is focused on creating a great experience for our clients, partners, and coworkers alike. From technical education to career growth, you will be given the resources needed to excel.
Reasons to work with us:
- Vydia is certified as a Great Place to Work™ company and has been named Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ 5x (2023 most recent) due to its collaborative, fast-paced, fun, thriving environment. Additionally, Vydia has been named a 2023 Fortune Best Workplaces in New York.
- Vydia was honored with the 2023 TechUnited Catalyst of Technology Award for our cutting-edge technology and scalable platform that provides global music entrepreneurs and their labels the ability to stay independent. Vydia was also named the 2022 winner of the NJBIZ Business Of The Year award (51-100 employees) which recognizes the state’s most dynamic businesses and business leaders who share a commitment to professional excellence, business growth, and the community.
- Major growth opportunities alongside the growth of the company; Vydia has been identified as an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America
- Join a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives that are meaningful to our team members
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement with employer matching, and financial wellness plans
- We invest in your growth and development, providing a professional development stipend for continued education and mentorship to support your career goals
- Hybrid flexibility to work from home (depending on role)
- Generous vacation policy including paid maternity/paternity leave
- Vydia provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees and strictly prohibits any type of harassment or discrimination in regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, disability status, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender expression, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, and/or local laws.
- Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of Vydia to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact HR@Vydia.com
- Your employment with Vydia is on an at-will basis, meaning either you or the Company can terminate the employment relationship, at any time, for any or no reason, and with or without cause or notice. As an at-will employee, your employment with Vydia is not guaranteed for any length of time.