Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation. Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Relationship Manager, Southern California is responsible for developing new and existing commercial lending and deposit relationships for a specific market of small to medium size businesses and business professionals. In addition, the Relationship Manager is responsible for attaining established individual, department, and Bank goals through active participation in sales management and other bank programs. This position will provide a superior level of customer relations and service, ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures.is responsible for developing new and existing deposit relationships for a specific target market of small to medium-sized businesses and business professionals. In addition, the Relationship Manager is responsible for attaining established individual, department, and Bank goals through active participation in sales management and other bank programs. This position will provide a superior level of customer relations and service, ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Reinforce the application of superior customer service by example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and staff.
- Engage in business development activities and solicitation of new business prospects; participation in community affairs, business and service organizations, including public speaking; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services; investigate and follows-up on significant changes in status of existing customers; meet with customers to discuss needs and outline appropriate Bank services and to resolve problems as necessary; assist in the organization of the department, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results; and reviewing marketing strategies in relation to department and Bank goals and recommending suitable marketing approaches.
- Cross sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Build banking team in the Southern California Market, specifically the East Bay area, and cultivate and maintain relationships with strong commercial bankers with an eye towards continual growth in the geography.
- Identify key metrics to measure progress and hold team accountable against KPIs.
- Assist in the assurance of audit compliance and procedure quality control for the department and recommend and initiates corrective actions to the Business Development Manager.
- Contribute to the overall profitability of the Bank; assist in the implementation of costs controls, income generation, and department marketing efforts.
- Assist other officers in resolving inquiries and providing support; participate in various internal committees assigned by senior management.
- Ensure implementation and compliance to meet security precautions and protect customer deposits, bank assets and staff.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations for the department as directed, review and act on daily reports.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of financial industry status and trends.
- Respond to inquiries or refer inquiries to the appropriate department or person and exhibit the necessary follow-through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Provide supervision and support to all areas of the department where service or assistance is needed.
- Assists in implementing cost controls for the department and monitoring expenses to ensure compliance with budget.
- Consistently apply superior decision-making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Assume responsibility for special projects; gather data and prepare reports for Senior Management, audit and other personnel.
- Solve and answer complex customer transactions, problems, or inquiries.
- Operate computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- Answer questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values; accept responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules, and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Must reside in Southern California and established in the market.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 5 years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work-related experience must consist of business development or sales experience, preferably within the financial services industry.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in bank operations activities and terminology.
- Proven skills to develop marketing and business development skills with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to cross-sell and explain all Bank products and services with confidence and authority.
- Intermediate banking product knowledge.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training of employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet, and specialty software programs.
- Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills: ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence, and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Bank activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Bank activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while performing duties.
- Current California driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive while performing assigned duties and responsibilities.