Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through nearly two decades of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide consulting, design, training, analytic and development services to Lantana’s client, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
A successful candidate will:
- Conduct analyses in SAS, interpret, summarize, and present findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Manipulate datasets, conduct statistical analysis, and perform quality checks on analytic deliverables. Collaborate in planning, development, and implementation of projects and materials.
- Communicate analytic advice and statistical methodology effectively with clients, management, and staff.
- Analyze and understand client needs and translate them into formal requirements.
- Provide results to the project team and clients both verbally and in writing. Results should be reported in an appropriate manner for the audience – i.e., some reports will be highly technical while other reports will be written in plain language.
- Exhibit attention to detail and critical thinking when performing data quality checks, developing materials, reviewing documentation, troubleshooting issues, and reporting results.
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with multidisciplinary team members to achieve programmatic goals.
- Participate in development of business requirements using industry standards.
- Take part in application testing and provide feedback to software developers and quality assurance technicians.
- Interpret and explain basic analytics methodologies and results to end users.
- Maintain public health expertise; stay abreast of industry changes and trends.
- Develop and deliver trainings, project updates, and presentations on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, epidemiology, public health, or related discipline
- 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience using SAS to import data, manipulate data/datasets, and conduct analyses relating to evaluation of data quality and accuracy
- Experience managing large datasets; moving and merging data files from different platforms cleaning and aggregating data and performing quality control
- Ability to attain Public Trust Clearance
- Master’s Degree in relevant field
- Experience with national surveillance datasets
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) or other public health entity
- Knowledge and/or experience with surveillance in post-acute care settings
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or native origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.