The Barista provides amazing guest service through expert preparation of beverages and food with a warm and welcoming demeanor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Take orders and prepare food and drink according to specified requests.
- Receive and process cash and credit card payments.
- Ensure the Café is supplied with necessary supplies.
- Keep all café machines clean and in top form, report any problems or malfunctions, daily.
- Comply with all Colorado State Health Codes.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
- Maintain cleanliness of garbage and recycling receptacles as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge of all coffee brewing techniques used in First Chair Café, with basic understand of how to diagnose issues.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Ability to work well and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with Colorado State and Health Codes and Liquor Laws.
- Familiarity with kitchen and food and beverage equipment.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Café or restaurant preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor work primarily with outdoor trash hauling/cleaning.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Weekend and holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.