PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking a Director of Medical Education/Family Medicine Residency Director.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Organizes and directs the educational and residency program. Directs recruitment and selection of residents and is responsible for ensuring education programs meet governing body requirements. Practices medicine to up to 25% of work time. Supervises all faculty and is responsible for performance reviews, faculty advancement recommendations and input on compensation changes. Represents the residency program at local, regional and national levels, and is expected to be active in professional at all three levels. Responsible for developing leadership in faculty and residents. Responsible for maintaining relations with other training programs, local physical and administration.
- Ensure compliance with PTHA’s policies and procedures and fulfill the responsibilities of the AOA/ACGME basic Documents and AOA and ACGME approved specialty standards for GME (Graduate Medical Education) programs.
- Update annual ADS faculty reports, respond to citations and surveys. Assure duty hours for fatigue management are mitigated for patient safety.
- Supervise all aspects of current GME programs at PTHA including participation in appointment and supervision of Family Medicine Residents.
- Ensure, facilitate and oversee evaluation completion, CCC milestones, policies, manuals, competencies, scheduling, curriculum development, training, quarterly committee meetings and requirements of the internship and residency programs.
- Participate in the quarterly GMEC (Graduate Medical Education Committee) meetings.
- Participate in budgetary, grants and program support allocation process, following all PTHA’s policies and procedures.
- Annually attend an ABFM, ACGME, and STFM conference for education faculty development. In addition to ACGME required annual conferences and recruitment workshops.
- Lead the FM faculty in developing, scheduling, and evaluating all educational experiences.
- Counsel and review resident trainees in academic and/or disciplinary matters.
- Participate in all required ABFM, ACOFP and ACGME education activities.
- Assess annual compliance with trainee competencies and skills development requirements.
- Serve as a medical doctor at the PTHA medical clinic or designated site.
- Maintain hospital staff privileges at participating site hospitals and participate in direct patient care and residency supervision at participating site hospitals for inpatient and pediatrics.
- Participate in utilization review studies and quality improvement committee as assigned.
- Must meet combined ACGME and AOA minimum requirements to perform as the Family Practice Residency Program Director.
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited institution.
- Board certified (or eligible to sit for exam) in American Board of Family Medicine and/or American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians.
- Current member of American Association of Family Physicians and/or American Osteopathic Association.
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience after completion of family medicine residency, of which, at least two (2) years’ as full time family medicine faculty at accredited ACOFP or ACGME Family Medicine Residency.
- Demonstrated experience and competency in teaching and patient care, including obstetric and prenatal care.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Washington.
- Current certification in ACLS and/or PALS.
- Experience and/or ability to work with an Electronic Health Records System.