CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
About the role
As a Software Engineer at CloudBees, you will be an essential contributor to the development of our industry-leading software products. You'll work within a collaborative team environment to design, develop, and deliver high-quality solutions that empower our customers to achieve seamless and efficient software delivery.
What you'll do
Be part of a distributed engineering team!
- Design and implement new features on CloudBees CBCI.
- Support and enhance the Jenkins experience for our customers by maintaining and adding new features to plugins.
- Collaborate with other CloudBees teams to gather functionalities and align visions.
- Collaborate with product management, sales, services, support and engineering teams in order to define priorities and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with CloudBees customers when needed to help define requirements and help them solve any impending issues.
- Collaborate with the Jenkins Security Team to cross reference the priorities of items to address.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers, provide technical leadership, and drive process improvements.
- Guide, mentor and develop test strategy and accompanying automated tests for unit and integration level testing for execution within software delivery pipelines.
- Experience developing with Java (8+ years).
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Shell Script, Groovy)
- Experience in Kubernetes, DevOps methodologies, and containerization technologies.
- Knowledge of developer tools such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems, test tools, code quality tools, planning tools, IDEs and debugging tools.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and driven personality.
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language.
- Comfortable working closely with support, customers and community to help resolve issues.
- Leadership capabilities would be highly appreciated.
Nice to have
- Experience with Docker, and Helm.
- Experience with Quarkus.
- Experience developing with Go.
- Have created or committed to the Jenkins Project or Jenkins plugins.
This position is available in different locations, please check if you're based in a country where this position can be based:
- United Kingdom.
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year.At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers.
Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment. All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker.
If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at email@example.com.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately. If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Some signs of a recruitment scam:
- Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
- Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
- If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
- You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
- You are asked for cell phone account information.
- You are asked to cash a check for “equipment” prior to start.
- You are offered a job offer immediately or without an interview.