Connect for Health has a great opportunity for an Issuer Operations Senior Manager.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The Issuer Operations Senior Manager oversees the department and team that works directly with the insurance companies offering medical and dental health plans through Connect for Health Colorado. The primary role of this position is to build and maintain strong partnerships with these companies, oversee daily functions of the Issuer Operations staff and ensure that operations run smoothly. The individual in this position is also responsible for managing issuer problem resolution and working closely with internal teams to find solutions.
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with current and prospective health insurance issuers.
- Collaborate with issuer partners to identify opportunities for process and system improvements and gather requirements necessary for the successful development and implementation of new functionality.
- Work closely with the Product Development team and its value streams to develop and implement functionality and technical solutions to improve our electronic data interchange (EDI) and upstream enrollment system functionality.
- Work with the Director to create and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Oversee health plan account management activities including the annual plan data and rate validation process.
- Manage team responsible for all activities related to the partnership with current and potential issuers. This includes providing coaching and feedback, monitoring performance, and conducting mid-year and annual performance evaluations and team meetings.
- Have a solid understanding of reporting flows between Connect for Health Colorado and the issuers.
- Responsible for delivering all issuer communications in alignment with the policy and the business and acts as a liaison for internal staff.
- Act as the issuer operations and plan management liaison with the state and federal stakeholder.
- Colorado resident.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with health plans preferably in product development, account management and/or ACA implementation required.
- Strong leadership, analytical and change management skills required.
- Experience working with EDI required.
- Experience working with Agile and SDLC tools such as JIRA, and Trello preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale project management required.
- Detail oriented and a creative problem solver.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Visio, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently without day-to-today direction.
- Team oriented with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
- Currently working remotely.
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225.
- The work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility.
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The Salary Range for this position is $84,900 - $108,900.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.