PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking a temporary, part-time Supply Chain Specialist (Emergency Hire).
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
GENERAL FUNCTION: Maintain and support PTHA supply chain, ensuring the accurate and timely specification, order, receipt, delivery and accountability of all supplies and equipment needed by the organization.
- Places supply/equipment orders within 24 hours of receipt of purchase requisition.
- Resolves Accounting notification discrepancies within 72 hours.
- Manages and tracks supply inventory in the storeroom daily.
- Facilitates and coordinates PTHA annual equipment inventory.
- Manages and tracks supply inventory at user locations.
- Manages equipment inventory and preventive maintenance.
- Completes receiving of supplies and inventory within 24 hours of purchasing department arrival.
- Processes incoming and outgoing U.S. Mail daily.
- Assists with systems, processes and metrics to drive continuous improvement and cost effectiveness in the Supply Chain Operations Department and identify and evaluate opportunities for strategic supply chain initiatives.
- Assists with maintaining good working relationships with all departments by providing prompt service, supply management assistance, and open communications.
- Work with departments to identify product needs and evaluate relevant criteria in order to provide product options to ensure the acquisition of products and services which maintain quality patient care.
- Assist with material planning and purchasing functions to support adequate supply levels within departments, and facilitate prompt supply acquisition and distribution that meets the quality and cost objectives of the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining good vendor relations.
- Obtain necessary authorization in order to administer systems and processes for appropriate management, safeguarding and disposal of excess equipment and maintain accurate supporting documentation.
- High school diploma and minimum three years experience working in a healthcare supply chain.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS office products including Excel and Word required.