U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is seeking an experienced and best-in-class storyteller to manage the social media content for the U.S. Women’s National Team. Our mission as a content team is to grow the sport of soccer through enganging with fans, while furthering the profile of the USWNT and its players.
The individual in this role will be responsible for conceptualizing and creating social media content in a variety of formats, mediums and channels delivered throughout the year and for tentpole events. These content elements will include partnership elements, original content series and general camp/game coverage with the goal of engaging and growing our audience.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the continued evolution of U.S. Soccer's social media platforms through content creation, fan engagement, meticulous organization, and a willingness to push creative boundaries. This person is curious and adaptable and is on the forefront of innovation and social media trends both within sport and beyond.
This individual will need to be able to critically evaluate content executions after campaigns and make data-driven decisions regarding future content strategies.
We are seeking someone relationship driven with the ability to collaborate, communicate and build trust with different departments, internal and external. The social media team has a deep-seeded knowledge of the Federation’s goals and a passion for building meaningful relationships with soccer supporters everywhere.
This individual will need to be versatile, nimble and poised under pressure with the ability to problem solve in real time.
Travel to team events, camps and games will be required.
U.S. Soccer oversees a social media community of more than 13 million followers across Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and YouTube, with the opportunity to expand this reach to other emerging platforms.
At times, the individual in this role will assist with other Federation programs including but not limited to Youth National Teams, Professional Leagues, Open Cup, Coaching, Refereeing, Membership and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Manage and set strategy for USWNT social media platforms aligned with U.S. Soccer’s short and long-term goals in effort to raise the profile of U.S. Soccer, generate continuous engagement with fans and increase followers.
- Develop channel, platform, and messaging strategies to optimize our impact and effectively connect and engage with various U.S. Soccer audiences across platforms and accounts.
- Build, organize and manage social media calendars for posts and campaigns in collaboration with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Cover live events across multiple platforms and create in-the-moment content exclusive to social media.
- Partner with insights and analytics teams to set learning agenda and incorporate findings into real-time improvements for social plans.
- Write succinct, attention-grabbing social copy that promotes engagement and resonates with U.S. Soccer’s diverse audiences unique to each account.
- Conceptualize and execute high-impact campaigns around USWNT tent pole programs.
- Have and maintain an in-depth knowledge of best practices and remain at the forefront of innovation for each platform.
- In collaboration with the Content Team, ideate, develop, edit and post content throughout U.S. Soccer’s ecosystem of social media channels
- Collaborate with U.S. Soccer’s partnership department to ensure branded content delivers and complies with platform and partner requirements.
- Promote inclusivity, conversation and engagement on platforms by joining in relevant conversations and aligning with meaningful cultural trends.
- Ideate and assist in the creation of graphics and videos that push the Federation forward in its visual identity while protecting brand guidelines.
- Assist in U.S. Soccer influencer program by finding new high-profile fans and ideating ways to activate around big events.
- 5+ years experience managing social media content.
- Professional experience working in the Content Marketing/Social Media industry
- Excellent writing ability and mastery of AP style and soccer terminology
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere)
- Ability to generate exceptional audience engagement through multiple formats and mediums and distribution channels.
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the year
- When not traveling, able to work out of U.S. Soccer’s headquarters in Chicago, Illinois
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Discresion. This roll will be privy to confidential information.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and shifting schedules.
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Knowledge of online marketing channels and SEO
- Familiarity with publishing and updating high-traffic websites in CMS
U.S Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.