The Chief People Officer will report to the CFO and serve in a leadership role providing strategic direction, vision, and guidance to advance and align strategy and structure with high-quality talent to achieve organizational goals. This role is a member of the Executive Team and serves as a strategic and tactical business partner accountable for attracting, retaining, and developing a world-class team.
This position will be based in Beep’s HQ in Orlando, FL.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and implement global HR strategic plans and initiatives that effectively communicate and support growth strategies and the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Instill a team spirit at all levels of the company including the senior leadership.
- Engage all employees for input and ideas to continually improve Beep as a recognized “place to work” in our industry and area.
- Deliver on a talent acquisition strategy and operating model that allows the business to attract best in class talent.
- Lead talent initiatives ranging from recruiting and onboarding to employee retention, development and offboarding as needed.
- Oversee development of HR operations, systems and processes that will scale to support the organization as the company grows. Improve operational and organizational effectiveness.
- Create learning and development programs, including a formal high-potential process, that will engage employees and prepare them for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and scales.
- Oversee execution of performance management process, linking performance assessments & compensation to business results and accountabilities. Provide guidance and recommendations regarding improved organizational design/reporting relationships/span of control.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation that could impact the organization's objectives.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive human resources experience, including at least five years of management responsibility
- Thorough understanding of HR best practices and laws
- Excellent leadership skills that include collaboration, culture building, and developing teammates
- Proven HR expertise in high growth companies, with increasing levels of accountability and seniority
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with ability to develop a high degree of personal credibility of the organization
- Proven ability to lead complex, collaborative initiatives across multiple locations with stakeholders from a variety of functional areas
- Ability to build and develop relationships with various constituents throughout the organization
- SHRM certifications a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.