FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Weapon Tester I cleans, inspects, and test fires all weapons and components.
- Performs testing of weapons for all product lines.
- Maintains all fixtures and mounting devices used in weapon testing.
- Prepares ammunition to meet daily requirements and properly accounts for usage.
- Annotates all test records accurately.
- Checks weapon serial numbers against bar codes and UID labels and verifies part numbers.
- Reviews work instructions and routings to determine testing sequences.
- Assists in daily cleaning and 5s duties.
- Performs functions as required to include troubleshooting, cause and effect, and repair.
- Implements and sustains Lean initiatives for improvements in quality, cost, delivery, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Two years of weapons experience is required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math skills in all units of measure using whole numbers and decimals.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of testing equipment.
- Ability to work as part of a team, including group problem solving situations.
Weapon fixtures and stands, data recording devices, magazine loaders, small hardware tools, and measuring equipment.
Weapons safety certification or equivalent is required. Range Safety Officer (RSO) certification is preferred.
Typical manufacturing environment with exposure to loud noises and dangerous chemicals and machinery. Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds unassisted.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.