Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation.
Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for supporting the Controller and Accounting Manager in ensuring the smooth operation of the Accounting department by performing a variety of duties. These duties include processing investment activity, balancing and reconciling to safe keeper and record keepers; processes accounts payable invoices; performs reconciliation of Correspondent Accounts; reconciles Merchant ISO settlement accounts and activities; process VISA and MasterCard quarterly reporting; performs monthly certifications of general ledger and subsidiary accounts; responsible for fixed assets, prepaid and accrual reconcilements; maintains files; and performs other duties associated with the Bank’s general accounting operations.
This person needs to be organized, analytical, ability to deal with urgent matters, be able to recognize anomalies and present potential solutions, ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, self-starter, gain full understanding of tasks being performed, recommend potential efficiencies or improvements in processes, maintain detailed and accurate records.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Provides support to all assigned areas in the Accounting Department where service or assistance is needed.
- Performs monthly certifications to ensure application balances to the general ledger; prepares periodic suspense report to the responsible individuals, ensures accuracy and proper documentation of transactions; follows-up on out-of-balance items to resolve problems, as necessary.
- Process accounts payable invoices: provides support and research related to the Banks financial obligations.
- Reconciles and balances correspondent due from accounts, Fixed Assets, Prepaid, Accrual, and Finance assigned BanControl Accounts.
- Prepare reconciliation and accounting functions for Merchant Services ISO and Bank settlement accounts.
- Prepare quarterly VISA and MasterCard reporting.
- Gathers and calculates data and prepares a variety of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for management; ensures reports are accurate, complete and prepared on schedule.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- Records, files, updates information, and sorts and scans department mail or reports as required.
- May cross-train other personnel.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules, and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution accounting or bookkeeping background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- General understanding of Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts and structure.
- Basic understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general account statements.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, effectively shift and adjust due dates. Thus, effective organizational and time management skills.
- General banking experience, methods and procedures related to Federal Funds transactions and bank account or general ledger reconciliation.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers, vendors and employees.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Become first line of defense for the financial and accounting functions. Being able to identify and question unusual transactions and requests.