U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Coordinator, Partnership Marketing to join our industry-leading team and help drive the growth of soccer in the United States. This individual will be a key contributor within U.S. Soccer’s growing commercial team and an important driver in the relationship between the Federation and its current and potential strategic partners. The Coordinator will be keenly focused on driving partner-specific commercial value among its roster of blue-chip partners. The Coordinator will collaborate with the balance of the U.S. Soccer commercial team to build the U.S. Soccer brand, engage fans, and deliver results.
This individual will be a key contributor on a team 100% focused on activation, growth and retention of current U.S. Soccer strategic partnerships including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring matchday success: lead execution of on-site partner activations at all domestic U.S. Soccer controlled matches; coordinate and communicate needs with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Leading day-to-day relationships: own and support U.S. Soccer’s relationships with assigned commercial partners to maximize partner value; develop and implement creative and high-impact activations that help all parties achieve their goals, including Media and Content integration with our partners to build and strengthen long-term strategic relationships.
- Establishing new platforms and opportunities: lead and support collaboration with U.S. Soccer colleagues across all departments to create and implement sellable programming and identify ways that current partners can be authentically integrated to help accomplish their goals, and support U.S. Soccer’s bullish growth projections.
- Developing and presenting onboarding materials: leverage partner activation expertise to create communication that helps new partners implement their programming quickly and effectively to support delivery of high-impact activations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise
- 2-3 years of experience working with or managing corporate partnerships
- Able and willing to travel up to 35% of the time to all domestic U.S. Soccer controlled matches
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
- Experience in sports partnership marketing and activation
- Strong analytical skills with experience understanding and interpreting quantitative and qualitative research to assist with partnership recaps and communicating activation success
- Pro-active, bias for action to provide great partner-specific value
- Market expertise in a space that is evolving and changing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent events through multi-tasking and managing priorities efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Experience with Adobe suite or a similar program is preferred
- A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and entertainment is preferred
- Desire to be part of a team
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Ability to apply learning from past projects and experiences.
- Multi-lingual a plus
U.S. Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.