U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Partnership Marketing Manager to join our industry-leading team and help drive the growth of soccer in the United States. This individual will be a key contributor within U.S. Soccer’s growing commercial team and an important driver in the relationship between the Federation and its current and potential strategic partners. The Manager will be keenly focused on driving partner-specific commercial value among its roster of blue-chip partners specifically, driving partnership revenue for U.S. Soccer’s new dedicated National Training Center. The individual will play an instrumental role in U.S. Soccer’s efforts to achieve department revenue goals to grow the soccer economy at this one-of-a-kind campus through integrated partnerships, branded content, and hospitality packages. We are looking for a strategic thinker and self-starter who has a passion for making soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. In addition, this individual will support the Coca-Cola partnership activation initiatives in Atlanta.
This individual will be a key contributor on a team 100% focused on growth and retention of current U.S. Soccer partnerships including, but not limited to:
- Driving strategic upsells: lead the strategy and approach, alongside the Director of Partnership - NTC, in developing incremental investment opportunities for current strategic partners.
- Establishing new platforms and opportunities: work collaboratively with U.S. Soccer colleagues across all departments to help create and implement sellable programming and identify ways that current partners can be authentically integrated to help accomplish their goals, and support U.S. Soccer’s bullish growth projections.
- Supporting Coca-Cola Activation: serve as on-the-ground support to bring to life U.S. Soccer’s second largest partnership.
- Securing new partners: assist business development initiatives and the growth of U.S. Soccer by reviewing proposals and developing innovative concepts that support partner objectives.
- SheBelieves Core Group Contributor: serve as an internal leader in all SheBelieves initiatives, U.S. Soccer’s platform to inspire and empower girls and young women; role will include concepting, planning and executing SheBelieves initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise
- 5-7 years of experience in strategic brand and partnership marketing with an emphasis on event execution and hospitality
- Able and willing to travel up to 35% of the time to all domestic U.S. Soccer controlled matches
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pro-active, bias for action to provide great partner-specific value
- Market expertise in a space that is evolving and changing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage concurrent events through multi-tasking and managing priorities efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint and advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Experience with Adobe suite or a similar program is preferred
- A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and entertainment is preferred
- Experience in sports marketing
- Desire to be part of a team
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Multi-lingual a plus
U.S. Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.