U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The Director of Special Events & Premium Hospitality will lead a team whose focus is to execute industry-wide best-in-class special events and across U.S. Soccer event platforms. This position serves as a key individual on the Events team that will focus on developing and executing events focused for fans, partners and other stakeholders in addition to managing all premium hospitality offerings at national team events. Being able to think strategically and creatively, balance multiple responsibilities and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders is imperative.
- Oversee and serve as project manager to develop strategy and operate U.S. Soccer’s special events that currently include Annual General Meeting, SheBelieves Summit, Annual Partner Summit, National Soccer Hall of Fame Ceremony, and other events, as assigned. The position will be responsible for staff (currently two managers) to ensure clear collaboration and delivery of innovative, impactful event experiences for fans, partners, and cross functional department collaboration.
- Responsible for overall management, communication, and production of event operations.
- Create Request for Proposals, as needed, for venues and outside agencies
- Foster and create long-term strategic relationships leading to the more efficient and cost-effective staging of special events
- Develop production books for each event to include detailed timelines, operational layouts, facility needs, other department needs and responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with key event stakeholders such as production, broadcast partners, communications, fan experience, partnership marketing, partnership development, consumer products and fundraising.
- Create post-event action reports recap each event.
- Build out U.S. Soccer premium hospitality offerings at national team matches to include internal coordination with U.S. Soccer department and external revenue producing opportunities.
- Work with internal departments such as media, communications, fan experience, partnership marketing, partnership development, consumer products and fundraising to aggregate hospitality needs for all matches and other events as necessary.
- Serve as point person for internal suite operations for all senior national team matches and U.S. Open Cup matches, including being on-site, if necessary.
- Oversee logistics for any event hospitality events at U.S. Soccer controlled events
- Explore and manage opportunities to create external hospitality options leading to revenue for the department.
- Direct and lead cultivation of relationships with clients, production teams, vendors, and promoters.
- Produce estimates, proformas, and financial reports for managed events.
- Work with Finance department on accurate event settlements.
- Ensure proper communication of event needs and requirements to all internal venue/stadium partners, departments, and vendors.
- Manage and develop a motivated, high-performance team and build out short- and long-range department goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of experience working in event hospitality and/or special events
- 4+ years of experience managing hospitality suite experience for organization
- Detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to work through on-site event logistics
- Ability to coordinate and deliver multiple projects at once within strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with various internal department and external entities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to and proven success in delivering a high level of customer and fan experience
- Able to travel and work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends & holidays
- Able and willing to travel up to 50 percent of the year and willing to lift up to 50-pounds
- Direct experience managing a company-wide hospitality program that works with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience independently managing special events in different markets around the country
- Knowledge of international soccer is preferred
U.S. Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.