Join Our Team as a Retail Front-End Supervisor!
At Norfolk Hardware & Home Center, we live by the mantra 'Big enough to serve you, small enough to know you.' Our commitment extends beyond providing home essentials and DIY solutions; it's about establishing a local pillar of the community, where our customers feel valued. Join our dynamic team and play a key role in shaping unforgettable shopping experiences.
- Thriving Environment: Every day is a chance to make a difference in our vibrant and customer-centric workplace.
- Leadership Role: Lead a dedicated team, ensuring seamless day-to-day checkout experiences.
- Professional Growth: Elevate your career in a supportive environment that values continuous development.
- Community Connection: Be part of a community-driven, family-owned company, deeply rooted in the Boston area for the last 90 years.
Front-End Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Mentorship and Development: Drive high-level service by fostering growth and collaboration among front-end retail staff.
- Efficient Operations: As a front-end supervisor, you will oversee smooth register & checkout operations, review staffing levels, hire and train new staff, address customer issues, and support associates for exceptional customer transactions.
- Store Presentation: Maintain a positive image, and ensure an inviting, well-organized, and stocked checkout area for an outstanding retail customer experience.
- Innovative Collaboration: Work with store management to identify process efficiencies, define impulse items for display, and other special projects.
Front-End Supervisor Qualifications:
- Experience and Expertise: 3+ years of supervisory & retail experience, preferably in home improvement.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Embrace a multicultural workforce, and if bilingual - that's a plus!
- Educational Background: An associate degree in business management or a related field is desired.
- Standing: Extended periods of standing.
- Lifting: Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Mobility: Walking, stooping, and climbing.
- Customer Assistance: Carrying items to assist retail customers.
- Hearing Adaptability: Adapting to varying noise levels.
- Competitive salary based on retail management experience.
- Full benefits, including health, dental, and Norfolk-paid life insurance.
- 401k with generous company match and financial wellness education.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Positive and inclusive workplace culture.
- Employee discounts and special perks.
Apply now to be our Retail Front-End Supervisor! Join us in creating an exceptional shopping experience at Norfolk Hardware and Home Center. Your successful career journey begins here.