If you love to learn and have a passion for helping others, come join us!
Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is proud to be able to continue to serve the community and provide needed supplies to our customers. We are looking for full-time and part-time associates to work at the hardware store during the week and on weekends. The store is open from 6:30 a-6:00 p Monday- Saturday and 10:00 a- 4:00 pm Sunday.
The hardware store industry can be a rewarding career and we encourage candidates to apply who are looking for long term, professional growth. We are family-owned and value our employees and work to have them be successful and build their career with us.
If you have:
• Knowledge of hardware & home building materials (lumber, paint, electrical, plumbing, etc.)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate with good listening skills to identify the needs of the customer
• Ability to provide professional, customer service with a desire to sell
• Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers in all departments
• Prior floor retail sales experience, preferably in the hardware or home center industry
• Experience working with the public in a customer service environment with face-to-face customer interactions
• Experience using various equipment, including key making machines, registers, and preferred
• Basic PC skills – able to look up inventory products, ring sales transactions
Daily Job Responsibilities:
• Greet customers courteously and professionally and handle customer requests promptly
• Sell merchandise and work with customer by asking questions and ensuring they have the product they need
• Keep up to date on new products in the store
• Know the location of all stock and floor layout of store
• Maintain assigned work area/department with regards to cleanliness, stocking and organization
• Maintain merchandise displays and ensure ease of selection for customers
• Create a positive relationship with store customers with a focus on customer satisfaction and repeat business
• May perform other duties within the store business requires
• Frequently required to stand for long periods of time
• Frequently required to walk distances over 200 yards
• Able to lift and move products as needed (up to 40+ without assistance)
• Able to read and comprehend English, Bilingual is a plus
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy
• May be exposed to outside weather when assisting customers
• Occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel or crouch while working while working with merchandising product
• Frequently required to walk to and from various areas within the facility
• Must be flexible with work schedule and be punctual for shifts
• Professional, clean appearance
• Able to use Windows based program for looking up inventory, assisting customer and check out tasks.
The Norfolk Companies provide competitive benefits including medical & dental insurance, 401k with a generous company match, Paid Time Off, uniforms, free company fitness center (at our Braintree location) and voluntary vision, life & short-term disability insurance.