Avesta Housing is looking for a knowledgeable and organized individual to support the functioning of our information systems and the talented people and teams that rely on them for their work.
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem-solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will have:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with high level of accuracy on work completed.
- Ability to exercise judgment, establish priorities, and solve problems.
- Willingness to recommend efficiencies or areas of improvement when relevant.
- Individual initiative to understand the why and how of processes and systems.
- Degree in related field and/or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably with user support.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network, and PC operating systems.
- Proficient in major office software applications.
Click HERE to view the full Technology Support Specialist job description.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) position, and the hourly rate of pay is $20.95 - $24.18.
This job is on-site at our headquarters located at 307 Cumberland Ave, Portland, Maine, and will require travel to our company’s portfolio of properties in southern Maine and eastern New Hampshire.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees;
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts;
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%;
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability;
- Free wellness services for benefits-eligible employees and their dependents;
- 13 paid holidays;
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave;
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment;
- Professional development assistance;
- Employee referral bonus program; and
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application. A resume and cover letter that tells us how your experience is relevant to this role are required.