About The Role
We are seeking a skilled Field Service Technician to join our team, specializing in lighting and building control systems. This role covers a diverse range of projects from simple systems to complex IoT networks.
A day in the life of a Field Service Technician may include the following:
- Conduct pre-installation discussions and follow-ups with contractors for project success.
- Travel across MD, DC, and VA for on-site hardware installation and equipment testing.
- Provide technical training to contractors and end-users on system use and maintenance.
- Program equipment onsite or remotely, as per project requirements.
- Liaise with manufacturer's technical support for complex system issues.
- Document and maintain project configurations, including hardware, software, and firmware.
- Offer technical support for pre-sale and post-sale activities.
- Review control designs to ensure they meet project specifications.
- Assist with in-office control system projects, including research, installation, and configuration.
This position requires a service-oriented approach and technical proficiency.
Who You Are
- Service-oriented, patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- A detail-oriented problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Able to prioritize effectively and work efficiently under pressure.
- Eager for continuous learning and professional development.
Where & How You'll Work
- On-site work at client locations in the MD, DC, or VA area.
- Regular travel with occasional overnight stays for out-of-town projects.
- Most work will be performed during normal contractor hours from 5:00am to 3:00pm. Some evening and night shifts, as needed.
Who We Are
At Lighting Environments, we believe in creating atmospheres where people and ideas can grow. We are a lighting representative agency with a passion for design and nearly 50 years of serving DC, Maryland, and Virginia markets. We specialize in lighting and lighting controls solutions for projects ranging from commercial to residential, retail to industrial, and everything in between.
Together with our sister company Environments, an IoT integration company, we create beautiful, functional environments where humans and technology work in unison. We envision a world where technology seamlessly enriches lives.
Our employees enjoy a range of competitive work perks, including attractive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive health coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan w/ match, wellness initiatives w/ onsite gym & personal training sessions, flexible work options, generous leave policies, employee recognition, and opportunities for personal development.
Technically Speaking, You Have
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- The ability and willingness to travel to job sites in the MD, DC, and VA areas
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle (Note: Your driving record will be subject to review.)
- Experience with lighting control systems, audio/visual building systems, IoT systems, and/or logic controller programming or commissioning
- The ability to read and understand technical and construction drawings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- The physical ability to lift or carry packages of up to 50 pounds short distances, as well as the ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, and stoop for extended periods of time
Bonus Points For Having
- An associate degree or certifications in a relevant field, such as Lighting, Technical Theatre, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Bluebeam and AutoCAD
Sound like you?
"Light rarely comes to those who merely sit in darkness, waiting for someone to flip a switch."
Flip the switch and apply today!
At LE, diversity is a simple fact and inclusion is our expectation. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.