The position is responsible for supply/capacity planning and management, scheduling, and inventory control activities to meet production requirements and sales forecasts.
The position develops and directs the activities of 2 schedulers/planners and three inventory analysts/cycle counters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Support implementation of formal sales & operations planning (S&OP) program and lead all demand management activities. Represent Operations in Executive S&OP meetings.
2. Translate the sales forecast into a short-term and long-term supply plan, which includes needed and available capacity, optimal production quantities, finished good inventory parameters, and raw material/packaging needs.
3. Lead implementation of MRP across all production lines. Evaluate, update, and maintain production master data.
4. Monitor and report inventory accuracy, investigate and resolve discrepancies, and lead systemic improvement efforts.
5. Monitor and report finished goods and material inventory. Manage excess and aging inventory.
6. Develop, direct, and coach direct reports in a team-based environment.
7. Recommend cost/inventory reduction programs that meet the company’s standards and objectives.
8. Prepare the annual planning department budget.
9. Ensure proper safety, HACCP, and GMP compliance with all Planning activities.
10. Participate in and support the operation’s product safety / SQF, HACCP & GMP Programs
11. Projects and other duties may be assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business / Supply Chain or related field and 10+ years of related work experience in a manufacturing/production environment and/or a combination of relevant work experience and education.
2. Progressive managerial experience.
3. Experience implementing and managing ERP systems, especially MRP and scheduling.
4. Professional certification in supply chain management is preferred (e.g., APICS).
5. Ability to act/lead both strategically (6 – 18 months ahead) and operationally (< 1 month ahead).
6. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated effective organizational and time management skills; ability to set goals and standards; ability to problem solve and think analytically.
7. Demonstrated ability to interact and build credibility with different department functional teams
8. Proficient in a Windows environment with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook programs.
Ability to maneuver in a production/warehouse environment among inventory and various equipment.
1. Office environment.
2. Able to work in a food manufacturing environment.
We are a fourth-generation, family-owned organization poised for incredible growth. The diversity of our workforce is celebrated. Everyone is valued and treated equally and with respect in a safe and innovative work environment. Our employees continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration, and teamwork. To succeed here, you must demand excellence from yourself, be coachable, and commit fully to your team's and the company's goals.
Employees are responsible for recognizing and accomplishing the Catania Core Values of:
-Job Well Done
-Authenticity at Our Core
-We are Family