Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation.
Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Central Operations Specialist is responsible for performing routine operational duties of the Bank. This position services the day-to-day needs of customers and staff through effective system management and exceptional customer service.
- Complete routine Bank operational functions correctly and on time. Routine duties include:
- Exception Item Processing (DDA, SAV, CD and FMS Includes NSF processing and Non-Posted Items)
- Returned Items received from Federal Reserve Bank
- ACH Returns, Notification of Changes and Death Notification Entries
- Incoming and outgoing Adjustments
- Incoming and Outgoing Wires
- Smart Safe/Branch Cash Balancing-Daily
- SmartSafe/HardCar daily deposits
- Reconciliation of Wires and SmartSafe
- Card Disputes
- Levy’s, Garnishments, Order to Withhold notices
- Subpoena or Summons requests
- Customer Research
- Large Item Processing
- Stop Payments, Holds and corresponding reporting
- Enter and Maintain Rate Changes
- Respond to customer and staff inquiries or refer inquiries to the appropriate department or person; exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Arrive consistently to work and on time; arrive at meetings and appointments on time. Punctuality is especially important for the operations department.
- Provide effective customer service and assist in resolving problems within given authority.
- Record, file, scan documents, update information, and sort mail or reports as required.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal Reserve Bank posting and entry requirements.
- Gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
- Type routine letters reports, forms, procedures, and correspondence.
- Maintain files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and distributes supplies.
- Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational value; and accept responsibility for own actions.
- Assure compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations, and adhere to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of banking experience and/or education/training. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution clerical and/or branch support background. Retail banking or commercial lending experience preferred. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in bank operation activities, terminology and products and services.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to balance bank accounts and general ledger accounts.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized situations.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; teamwork and
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive while performing assigned duties and responsibilities.