Whisker is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 500+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
As a Customer Experience Supervisor, you will manage a support team in a dynamic omni-channel environment. The Customer Experience Supervisor is responsible for maintaining department service levels and may alternate between outlined leadership duties and agent-level tasks (assisting with call and email volume).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Assists with all phases of delivering exceptional outcomes for customers
- Manages daily activities of the team by monitoring department responsibilities within CRM and other platforms, and makes appropriate allocations of labor resources to meet daily productivity and service goals
- Provides input to Sr. Director and CX Manager regarding workload volume and staffing
needs to meet department service level targets
- Maintains working knowledge of multiple technical products and platforms to
provide maximum support to Specialists and customers
- Carries out responsibilities following Whisker policies and applicable laws
- Will perform additional responsibilities as required
- Directly supervises the department and a team of 10-15 non-exempt (hourly) Team Members
- Provides weekly reporting to management on quality assurance initiatives, trends, gaps, and other relevant information to drive improvement
- Responsible for real-time analysis of department queues and anticipates necessary staffing or resource allotments to meet outlined goals
- Effectively implements procedure and policy changes while maintaining or improving team morale
- Achieves quality and efficiency targets through data-driven coaching and motivation
- Evaluates individual specialist and team performance via consistent coaching performance reviews and other methods needed
- Assists with new hire training and onboarding, including interviewing and collaborating with partners in HR during the recruitment process
- Ensures operational excellence through routine audits of specialist attendance and timecard adherence
- Occasionally steps in as first-level support for customer escalations and uses a suite of resources, while demonstrating understanding to resolve complex customer issues
- Occasionally oversees various project initiatives within the Customer Experience department, ensuring timely and successful adoption or implementation within the team
- Partners with IT, operations, HR, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams to ensure specialists have all the necessary resources to provide exceptional service
- Strives to create an environment of continuous improvement through innovative solutions for both internal and external customers
What You'll Bring:
- BA/BS in Communications, Business, Business Management, and/or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in a customer support role
- 3 years of leadership experience managing high-performing, agile teams
- Ability to motivate and coach others through effective communication
- Has an attention to detail and is an agile problem solver
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
Not Required but Nice to Have
- Previous experience with Dixa, Surfboard, Magento, Paylocity a plus
- Experience in the Pet Industry or a passion for pets!
Schedule Tuesday - Saturday 10 AM - 6:30 PM EST
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Pet Insurance
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.