Join Catania Oils Corporation, a proud 4th generation family-owned organization leading the way in the edible oils sector. We seek a dedicated and meticulous Quality Assurance Technician to bolster our commitment to producing high-quality food products.
As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will be pivotal in maintaining and enhancing our food quality standards. Working under the guidance of the Quality Manager, you will validate food quality operational objectives by implementing and enforcing quality and customer standards, conducting internal audits, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Quality Technician, preferably in a food production environment.
- Degree in Biological Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in computer and numeration skills.
- Quality Assurance:
- Enforce food safety programs, plans, and quality standards, ensuring quality food products and processes.
- Monitor production and document results to ensure compliance with established quality standards.
- Operational Support:
- Work collaboratively with production personnel to reinforce ingredient control, proper storage practices, and adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Investigate line issues and collaborate with colleagues to develop new process methods, enhancing product quality.
- Ensure compliance with SQF, FDA, Federal State, and local agencies.
- Assist in preparations for third-party audits.
- Training and Development:
- Train personnel on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other Food Safety Programs.
- Support continuous learning and development initiatives within the team.
- Lab Support:
- Obtain and deliver lab samples for product testing and assist the lab in completing testing and Certificates of Analysis (COAs).
- 11 p.m - 7:30 a.m (3rd Shift)
Catania Oils Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to join our team.