Local Roots is dedicated to making Pittsburgh more beautiful from the outside in. We pride ourselves in providing only the best quality work and expect the Carpentry Team Leader to take the same pride and ownership in the jobs they oversee. This position requires interaction with others from different backgrounds, experience levels, and work ethics. It is expected that the Carpentry Team Leader leads their team in demonstrating kindness, respect, and professionalism, especially with those who do not reciprocate.
This position will be able to create things they never thought possible while using state of the art equipment and technology. If you have never been able to take pride in your work, that is about to change!
As a professional at Local Roots, responsibility and trustworthiness are central to maintain a healthy working climate. The Foreman should maintain a positive and respectful relationship with the customer, with their crew, and with the management team.
The Carpentry Team Leader will be responsible for leading themselves, 1-2 crew members, and equipment operation as well as ensuring that all assigned projects are well-maintained and well executed.
Typical assigned jobs will include building fences, decks, pergolas, framing, roof structures, and all other aspects of interior and outdoor living spaces. The Carpentry Team Leader reports directly to the Project Manager for all concerns, questions, issues, and customer requests.
The physical demands of this job require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, and frequently operating machinery. This job requires working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to the elements. This may include heavy to moderate noise and exposure to tools and machines used in outdoor construction.
Full Time Position
- Employee Health Benefits
- ST/LT Disability provided
- Retirement plan with a company match
- 5 days PTO per year to start
- 6 paid holidays
- Current and valid PA Driver’s license
- Competence in driving a commercial truck
- 1-2 years Experience in a leadership role
- 3-4 years minimum of Carpentry experience.
- Duties would include building fences, decks, pergolas, framing, roof structures, and all other aspects of interior and outdoor living spaces.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more
- Current PA DOT Medical Card required prior to start date (Paid for by Local Roots)
- Excels in problem solving skills and is solutions oriented
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and project specifications.
- Ability to work with computer systems and technology
- Ability to follow processes, job flow charts, and written procedures
- Daily tracking of budgeted hours and materials for all team projects - maintains communication with Project manager, estimator & Director of Operations to correct discrepancies and improve accuracy
- Assistance with estimating and change orders with our sales and design team
- Establishing Production rates
- Looking at jobs, picking up materials, selecting ideal lengths/sizes, laying out projects
- Helping with/understanding expectations and order of operations.
- Cross referencing with sales on carpentry jobs.
- Tracking truck tools and truck inventory and the needs of the department.
- Expertise in operating ALL landscaping/hardscaping equipment, powered and non-powered.
- Adept in operating all relevant heavy machinery at Local Roots Landscaping
- Proficiency in onsite small equipment repairs
- Time management and problem solving skills
- Reliability and timeliness
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal instructions
- Thorough comprehension in reading and using designs and site plans
- Thorough comprehension in leading, managing, and teaching all carpentry and softscape installations.
- Maintaining communication with client and teams to keep expectations in agreement