Sample Supports is actively seeking foster parents in Denver Metro, Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins to foster children with intellectual and developmental disabilities in your home. The goal of foster care is to provide for the physical, emotional and social needs of children in a "substitute" family setting - a foster home - until the biological family can be reunited or a permanent placement plan can be implemented. Children in foster care range in age from infants to teenagers and typically remain in your care for anywhere from a few months to several years.
Foster parents need to have positive parenting skills, patience, stability, maturity, and a love of children. It is also helpful to know and understand childhood development. Foster parents work with staff from community agencies toward identified goals for the children in their care. This position is to serve children with high behavioral needs. Applicants must be willing to work with a variety of behaviors including but not limited to physical and verbal aggression, and trauma-related responses.
Sample Supports is a licensed Child Placement Agency through the State of Colorado and we are offering comprehensive Youth Services that include:
Adult transition services
Behavior and clinical counseling
Employment options for adolescents
Vocational training program
Sample Supports will provide:
- Training in mental health, disabilities, child development, and behavioral supports
- A team of expert clinicians who will come to you
- A person on call 24/7 in order to support you in managing challenging situations
- Skilled respite providers
- Provide a safe and comfortable home for the child to live in with a separate bed and place for his/her belongings.
- Provide for the child's basic physical and emotional needs as if the child were a biological child.
- Provide for school attendance, monitor progress, note special needs and accomplishments.
- Attend to medical and dental needs, including regular checkups as well as attending to special needs.
- Help the child through the grieving and adjustment process that accompanies removal from his/her own home and placement.
- Provide recreational and enrichment activities that will promote the healthy development of the child.
- Maintain a record for the child of his/her time in foster care, development milestones, behavior tracking, report cards, etc.
- Comply with state regulations as outlined in Colorado Administrative Codes, agency policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a GED or diploma
- Must have dependable and reliable transportation with the ability to safely transport
- Excellent social skills to interface with families and children with developmental disabilities
- Detail-oriented and task-oriented
- Reliable, dependable and motivated
- Must have appropriate living environment with at least one available bedroom
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Competency in computer skills including office programs and related agency software
- This position must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of agency administration and demonstrate positive attributes of honesty, cultural awareness and sensitivity, flexibility, and sound work ethics
- Passion for actively working to improve the lives of persons with disabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of developmental disabilities, mental health, and trauma
- Skilled in providing behavioral interventions in an effective, calm, and caring manner
Please click here to learn more about working at Sample Supports!
Compensation varies depending on level of support the child needs. Sample Supports offers a competitive rate ranging from $2000 - $3000 per month.