Sample Supports is actively seeking energetic and professional Host Home Providers in the Denver Metro, Longmont, Loveland, and Fort Collins areas to work with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in your home. This position will serve individuals with high behavioral and daily supportive needs. Providers must be open to working with a variety of behaviors, including, but not limited to, physical and verbal aggression, trauma-related responses, and limited independent living skills.
Sample Supports focuses on making lasting placements and will match an individual in services with you based on the compatibility of you, your family, and your home environment with the individual. We support a diverse set of individuals with varying needs and are confident in our ability to find a placement that can be the most successful for you and the individuals we serve.
Contractors receive competitive payments to ensure that they are compensated for the difficulty of care required in supporting the placement. We over-communicate to ensure your unique needs as a provider are included in all individual services plans while also ensuring the best fit for the individual in services.
Sample Supports will provide:
- Training specific to the individual in services
- Training on managing behaviors
- A team of expert clinicians who will come to you
- A person on call 24/7 in order to support you in managing challenging situations
- 35-40 hours of programming for individuals receiving services to participate in during the day
- Options for evening and weekend activities including transportation services
- Skilled respite providers
Provider duties and responsibilities:
- Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Maintain Medical Records and administer medicine for the individual
- Assist patients with daily activities
- Teach basic living or other adaptive skills to patients
- Accompany patients or clients on outings to provide assistance.
- Care and be responsible for the client 24/7
- Professional Caregivers need to possess the following characteristics:
- Passion for actively working to improve the lives of persons with disabilities
- Skilled in providing behavioral interventions in an effective, calm, and caring manner
- Desire to work closely within a community network of family members, clients, and agencies
Requirements for the contract:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a GED or diploma
- Must have to have dependable and reliable transportation with the ability to safely transport
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must have appropriate living environment with at least one available bedroom
- Preferred knowledge and understanding of developmental disabilities, mental health, and trauma
- Must be competent and willing to perform Non-Violent Crisis Intervention physical managements as trained
- Job responsibilities include reporting any suspected maltreatment, abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an at risk individual. (M/A/N/E) Each position is considered a mandatory reporter.
Please click here to learn more about working at Sample Supports!
Compensation varies depending on level of support the individual needs. Sample Supports offers a competitive rate ranging from $1200 - $5000 per month plus a monthly payment of $700.