CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open-source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement.
We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best-known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
About the Role
As a member of the Professional Services team at CloudBees, you will work with some of the largest organizations in the world (Fortune 100s and major government agencies), in innovative industries like finance, high-tech and healthcare. You'll join a highly collaborative and dynamic team that navigates and solves the extreme complexity these organizations have with delivering software effectively.
Consult architects, design and implement DevSecOps practices and solutions for a wide range of clients. You will work directly with clients, onsite and remote, and you need to be as comfortable in front of a whiteboard explaining concepts to a client as at a Linux terminal implementing highly-automated and scripted solutions. You will deliver technical direction to a wide variety of audiences, helping our clients unlock the full potential of their investment in CloudBees technology and collaborate across the CloudBees ecosystem to ensure the technical success of CloudBees' clients. You understand how to integrate and make the most of DevSecOps practices. This includes leveraging best-of-breed open source and commercial tooling, state of the art, cloud native and legacy systems while creating a vision for improving their software delivery practices.
You have a passion for pushing boundaries, sometimes with novel and experimental ideas, and are self-starting and proactive.
You will guide our clients on their journey to implement our software solutions by providing expert advice on their capabilities and ancillary technologies.
What You'll Do
Liaise with Clients
- Assess and make technical recommendations aligned to supporting clients’ desired outcomes.
- Formulate and own the post-sales technical solutions on behalf of CloudBees to our clients’ DevSecOps ecosystems.
- Consult with clients on DevSecOps architectural considerations.
- Create proof-of-concepts to validate technical features for projects to a wide variety of audiences (C-suite to engineers).
- Contribute to and promote the account team’s adoption plan.
- Advocate on behalf of clients with other internal teams with specific context which helps contribute to the technical direction of CloudBees’ products/features.
- Collaborate with other CloudBees functions and teams to achieve the best outcome for CloudBees and our clients.
- Work closely with the CloudBees partner ecosystem to develop their knowledge and expertise.
- Develop Knowledge.
- Consistently perform self-development related to CloudBees product suite in order to establish foundational knowledge to act as a trusted advisor.
- Continuously stay current with industry trends in order to promote best practice and best value for our clients.
- Ability to interface with clients.
- Comfortable being in front of a whiteboard explaining concepts to a client.
- Infrastructure, operations and basic networking principles.
- Cloud Platform Providers (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- DevSecOps tools.
- Traditional software deployment methods.
- Travel up to 15%
- Location: Based in the US
Nice to have:
- Development background.
- Certifications (AWS, GCP, Azure, CKA).
- Prior consulting or client facing experience.
- Infrastructure Security background.
- Industry experience in DevSecOps, software release tools and application monitoring.
- Understanding of networking principles.
- Experience deploying software in the enterprise.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Experience with traditional software deployment methods.
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year. At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers.
Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization. In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere.
Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers. Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment.
All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) or from Paylocity and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker. If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately. If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Some signs of a recruitment scam:
- Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
- Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
- If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
- You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
- You are asked for cell phone account information.
- You are asked to cash a check for “equipment” prior to start.
- You are offered a job offer immediately or without an interview.