We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we are people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Together with the Director of Organic and sustainable agriculture, the Director of Milk Sourcing and Procurement, other members of the Stonyfield milk team and industry contacts, the intern will assist with the execution of Stonyfield’s agriculture strategy for reducing GHG emissions.
The Internship Program will run from May – July.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Enrolled in graduate study in agriculture or a related field.
• Interest in using technology to build knowledge networks and advance agricultural sustainability
• Experience with farm level data collection and database management
• Experience with GIS or other mapping software
• Comfortable with and interested in learning to use new web and mobile based software and teaching laypeople/farmers to use this technology
• Farming experience, or experience working with farmers, a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills and public communication abilities especially with diverse audiences, as well as writing and analysis skills
• Strong organizational abilities, time management skills and ability to work independently
• Ability and willingness to travel to farms around New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and eastern New York). Travel likely to average 1 trip per week during course of internship and is likely to include some overnight trips.
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.