We will only consider candidates that are physically located in the following States (no exceptions)
CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OK, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI
We do not sponsor work visas/OPTs/CPTs/Perm. Res. etc.
WHO WE ARE (Why you will LOVE us)
Academic Programs International (API) encourages students of all ages to embark on a lifelong experiential educational journey that enriches lives, communities and organizations and helps every student, college and company to achieve their goals.
Through the creation of APIConnect, an experiential education technology platform, the company helps colleges, universities and students create and discover learning experiences customized to meet their needs. APIConnect offers a vast library of destinations, accredited courses, internships, and original programming geared toward maximizing students’ college experiences so they are better prepared for the workforce upon graduation.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, US, API sends thousands of students on hundreds of programs both virtually and in more than 60 cities in nearly 25 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America, and the Middle East.
If you are someone who thinks differently, is passionate about serving students, and wants to be a part of a fun and hard-working culture, then this is the company for you.
What you will be doing
This position will own all aspects (strategy, processes, systems, reporting, people) surrounding company pricing and analytics, and related reporting and metrics. This role will work with Product and Programming teams to develop strategies that maximize price and margin opportunities. This position will own analysis for maximum performance and impact, providing scheduled and ad hoc reporting and analytical pricing structures.
How you will get the job done
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage all facets (strategy, processes, systems, reporting) surrounding the pricing of products and services across our brand
- Lead the pricing process from start to finish
- Maximize price and margin opportunities within and across product categories
- Develop and manage KPI’s to measure effectiveness and outcomes of pricing actions
- Partner with executive level sales, programming, operations and finance leadership to deliver financial outcomes and operational objectives
- Forecast profitability based on pricing and marketing strategies, industry trends and competition
- Work across the organization to provide analytical pricing structures
- Develop pricing expertise with our current systems and develop tools to enhance our execution of our pricing strategies by developing surrounding processes, owners, timelines and reporting
- Manage pricing vis-à-vis competitors and regional competitive situation by gathering and integrating market and competitive insights into pricing and other activities
- Support pricing system enhancements with the IT department
- Develop, implement and follow-up with users on pricing rules through our pricing systems
- Manage our price check process to ensure that our competitive data is actionable
- Vendor Relationship
- Data Feeds
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
What experience you should have
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to institute structure as needed
- Cross functional mindset and ability to manage and influence diverse stakeholder groups with competing priorities
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and adapt accordingly
- Ability to multitask in a highly complex, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with an advanced skill level In Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, macros)
KEY EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required. Focus in Business, Statistics or Data Science. Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of experience in related field including pricing or customer management
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, and data mining
- Working knowledge or related technologies and work-flows
- Track record of leading organizational transformation and analytical projects.
- Project management experience is required
- Customer Focus | Problem-Solving | Communication | Team Approach