The Pre-Sales Engineer will provide technical advice to the sales team to resolve product or service requests regarding engineering and technical issues. The PSE collaborates with sales, service, engineers and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively scopes the technical solution needed to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and BCS365.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Coordinates closely with sales and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Function as liaison to end-user customer technical staff regarding solution and implementation specifics.
- Document account activities, generate reports, and assist Account Executives with Technology Business reviews. Assist sales account managers with overall account planning, as it relates to technical aspects of hardware, software, and services opportunity development.
- Works with the sales team, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Stay informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about existing and emerging technologies, and latest product-line developments
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 6 years of sales or sales engineering experience
- Experience in designing or implementing complex network or systems/storage solutions.
- Extensive knowledge in Cisco Infrastructure for Voice, Data, Video, Wireless, and Security
- Product certification and engineering credentials or equivalent technical credentials
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
*Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
*Please Note: BCS365 participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.