About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 200 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are seeking talented students for internship opportunities on our planning team in either the Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC office. Ayers Saint Gross is proud to offer students the opportunity to work side by side with our design leaders to perform work that is meaningful to our clients and the firm.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with a superb work ethic and a desire to learn. This individual is a team player, self-starter, and results-oriented individual. They will work with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of project types including master planning, space programming, feasibility studies, and urban design at multiple scales (city/site/building).
The candidate will work on a variety of tasks including:
- Existing conditions documentation.
- Diagramming and mapping.
- Developing design and planning concepts.
- 3D modeling – SketchUp, Revit, Rhino.
- Producing presentation graphics and renderings.
- Creating presentations.
- Support marketing and business development activities.
- Enrolled in an accredited degree program in planning, architecture, landscape architecture, or related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A portfolio illustrating a strong design and graphic skills.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling, rendering, presentation and design software such as SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and Revit.
- Basic GIS understanding and capabilities.
- Quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture and Design to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com. Please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.