The Communications and Marketing Associate performs duties directly related to Providence’s overall communications and marketing efforts. A creative, proactive, forward-thinking individual, the Associate will ultimately help Providence strengthen community relations by connecting people to the mission, vision, and values of Providence as we grow in Anne Arundel County, Charles County and beyond.
As a Communications and Marketing Associate, you will be a:
Storyteller and Digital Communicator
- Collect accounts or stories from staff, people we support, and community members to share internally and externally
- Support team in maintaining a collection of photos, graphics, video clips etc. to repurpose in digital content.
- Execute day-to-day social media tasks with direction from Director of Development and Community Relations (Director) to include content creation, posting, and monitoring/responses
- Provide basic updates to other external sites, such as our website, and internal communication boards
- Help maintain consistency according to branding guidelines.
- Provide marketing support for various external facing departments of Providence, especially Production and HR.
- Act as a liaison between departments of Providence, the Community Relations & Development team, and Agency of Record where appropriate to ensure communication, keep track of schedules, track project progress
- Act as a liaison between Providence and Agency of Record and other vendors to support the Director
- Facilitate communication and manage marketing projects as needed with direction from the Director and Vice President of Community Relations
Connecter and Relationship Builder
- Coordinate outreach activities, general networking in Anne Arundel and Charles County
- Coordinate and maintain Community Calendars to keep them updated with our events/sales
- Attending Providence related events and other networking events in the community as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule for a Communications and Marketing Associate:
M-F 8:30 am-4:30 pm
*Some availability for hybrid work following an introductory period
Compensation for a Communications and Marketing Associate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Social media acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work on deadlines, both in a team environment and independently.
- Some graphic design experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years in communications field preferred.
- Proficient with relevant editing and content management software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Publisher, WordPress etc. is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Internet, etc.
- Proficient with a variety of social media platforms, and up to date on current trends and changes to the landscape.