We will only consider candidates that are physically located in the following States (no exceptions)
CT, MA, RI
We do not sponsor work visas/OPTs/CPTs/Perm. Res. etc.
WHO WE ARE (Why you will LOVE us)
Academic Programs International (API) encourages students of all ages to embark on a lifelong experiential educational journey that enriches lives, communities and organizations and helps every student, college and company to achieve their goals.
Through the creation of APIConnect, an experiential education technology platform, the company helps colleges, universities and students create and discover learning experiences customized to meet their needs. APIConnect offers a vast library of destinations, accredited courses, internships, and original programming geared toward maximizing students’ college experiences so they are better prepared for the workforce upon graduation.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, US, API sends thousands of students on hundreds of programs both virtually and in more than 60 cities in nearly 25 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America, and the Middle East.
If you are someone who thinks differently, is passionate about serving students, and wants to be a part of a fun and hard-working culture, then this is the company for you.
What you will be doing
The Regional Director is responsible for developing, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with US universities, and adding APIConnect members and affiliates from within the region.
How you will get the job done
This position may be responsible for the supervision and oversight of one or more Campus Relations Representative/s within an assigned region. Supervisory responsibilities will include training, scheduling, mentorship, and assessment of performance.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Increase APIConnect Membership
- Work with current API affiliates and prospective partners to bring forth the APIConnect platform.
- Meet both in-person and virtually with regional institution to conduct demos of APIConnect, and highlight the benefits of membership
- Work collaboratively with the URSAP team to support current APIConnect members.
- Promote the entire portfolio of core API programs (study, intern, virtual, domestic) among US. Institutions within assigned region
- Research, plan and collaborate with a broad array of entities on campuses, including career services offices, multicultural centers, academic departments, etc.
- Conduct campus visits during peak and off-peak recruiting seasons.
- Attend study abroad fairs and host information tables and sessions.
- Research opportunities for new institutional partnerships
- Employ a data-driven approach to identify new colleges and universities with which API can work more closely, and to introduce these institutions to API’s programs and services.
- Develop and enhance relationships with new and existing APIConnect members and institutional partners through collaboration with study abroad staff, university administration, and faculty.
- Explore curricular integration opportunities with key partner institutions.
- Work with the Director of Alumni Engagement to identify outstanding candidates for API’s alumni programming and provide support to participants as necessary.
- Identify potential partners for and collaborate with API’s Customized Programming team to define development for customized and faculty-led programs.
- Work with SVP of University Relations to manage the annual recruitment schedule and strategy.
- Maintain the university database with updated university contact information.
- Actively participating and attending international education conferences, possibly to include (but not limited to) NAFSA national conference, NAFSA regional conferences, Forum, AIEA, etc.
- Work with API’s SVP of Research and Evaluation to propose and present sessions at conferences to raise API’s status in the field, to raise awareness about critical issues and share best practices with the field at large, and to build relationships with co-presenters.
- Collaborate across all divisions within API to achieve established DEI goals.
- Special projects and other tasks as needed or assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
What experience you should have
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate with students, parents, university faculty and staff; ability to give professional presentations to small and large groups of people.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, while meeting established deadlines.
- Passion for studying abroad (and/or international travel).
- Must have valid driver’s license, personal vehicle, and ability to work remotely when not traveling.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evening and weekend travel, along with ability to travel to multiple campuses within assigned region (and occasional trips outside of assigned region).
KEY EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- 1-3 years of previous work experience in international education/study abroad or higher education
- Experience studying, interning, volunteering, or working abroad required (in API program preferred).
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM preferred.
- Customer Focus | Problem-Solving | Communication | Team Approach