Chmura has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join our growing Data Governance team. The mission of Data Governance is to support the delivery of trusted data to our clients in an environment of excellent customer service to both our internal and external clients.
This position is based in our Cleveland office, which is in the Downtown/Playhouse Square district. We are looking for creative and driven people who can perform and grow with our company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, or a related field
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Disciplined and the ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated work ethic, tenacity, and detail orientation
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working with data analysis or applications of economic data
- Experience using a programming language such as R or Python
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and AI/machine learning are plusses
- Work on projects related to data gathering, analysis, testing, and modeling
- Coordinate efforts with other members of the Data Governance team
- Interaction with internal and external stakeholders
To be successful you will need:
- A strong mathematical background
- Attention to detail
- Strong critical-thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A desire to continue learning
Chmura is not able to provide sponsorship for this role.
We back our colleagues with the following benefits/programs:
- Competitive base salaries
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance benefits, 100% of premium paid by Chmura
- Parking and Transit Program
- Up to a 4% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave for expecting parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free and confidential support for counseling, personal and work-related issues through our employer-sponsored service with Cigna (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Development Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Founded in 1998, Chmura Economics & Analytics, LLC (“Chmura”) is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip with a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio. It is a leading economic advisory and technology development firm specializing in “big data” analytics. Chmura provides labor market software (JobsEQ), consulting, and data so you can make informed decisions that evolve your organization or community. Our PhD economists, data scientists, and strategic planners are expert guides to the labor market. Chmura understands that good data is the backbone of critical thinking. We are committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to clients, and to be the nation's preferred provider of economic research, software, and data solutions.
Chmura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Chmura promotes a drug-free workplace. Chmura will consider for employment, qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, following applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.