Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit-sharing match to go along with your contributions.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will play a crucial role in ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing for our organization. You will be responsible for managing different payroll functions, including calculating and processing employee salaries, overtime, bonuses, and other deductions. You will also work closely with HR and finance teams to reconcile payroll transactions and ensure compliance with local and federal laws. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. You should also have a good understanding of payroll laws, regulations, and best practices. In addition, you should have great communication skills to interact with employees, management, and external vendors.
- Perform all activities necessary to accurately and timely process two payrolls, (bi-weekly and semi-monthly) including maintaining all related records across all practice locations.
- Ensure compliance with local and federal payroll laws and regulations.
- Reconcile payroll transactions and resolve any discrepancies.
- Enter payroll data such as wage adjustments, garnishments, child support, tax levies, Chapter 13 bankruptcies, etc.
- Enter approved employee paid expenses for non-taxed reimbursement into payroll – including mileage, CE, Professional Licensing, Travel, Employee Meals, Business meals, and cell phone expenses.
- Process special payrolls including bonuses, stipends, year-end adjustment payrolls, etc.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits.
- Prepare payroll reports and maintain accurate records.
- Collaborate and work efficiently with HR and finance teams.
- Stay up to date with new payroll laws and regulations.
- 5+ years of experience in payroll processing and management.
- Understands the timeliness and level of utmost responsibility and dependability required to process bi-weekly and monthly payroll across multiple practice sites.
- Understands and exemplifies that the strictest confidentiality is required in this role.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment that requires strong analytical skills, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Good knowledge of payroll laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in payroll software and Microsoft Office Suite. Paylocity experience is a plus.
- Detail-oriented individual with a passion for accuracy and compliance.
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.