Who We Are:
KL&A is an IT consulting firm that knocks the socks off our clients. We work closely with organizations across the United States to develop creative business solutions through project & program management and custom software applications so they can focus on what’s most important…their mission.
We are honored to be named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for six consecutive years! Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. This is why our employees have the opportunity to work in an environment of their choosing: whether in the dynamic office environment, in your PJ bottoms at home, or a combination of the two.
Who You Are:
You are the shepherd of innovative software solutions, leading your team through complex business challenges with grace and expertise. Your unique blend of foresight and ingenuity allows you to anticipate project needs and envision system evolutions, effectively preventing potential issues before they emerge. Your magnetic energy and positive attitude are the driving forces behind your team's success, earning the respect and admiration of both teammates and clients. You are not just a project manager; you're a visionary leader, a dynamic force, and an indispensable ally in our effort to create exceptional custom software solutions.
You are renowned for your:
- Dynamic Leadership and Vision: Your infectious enthusiasm builds relationships, motivates the team and guides them through challenges, all while keeping an eye out for roadblocks and future business opportunities.
- Effective Communication: With a talent for bridging gaps, you can communicate effectively with individuals of varying skill sets, captivating your audience, whether in a conference room or a virtual meeting.
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation: Your presence in meetings is pivotal, effortlessly handling conflicts and negotiations with a diplomatic touch.
- Masterful Multitasking: Your ability to seamlessly transition between tasks without missing a beat is nothing short of impressive.
- Exceptional Attention to Detail: Your meticulous nature ensures that no stone is left unturned, and every aspect of the project is perfected.
About the Role:
As a Technical Project Manager, project excellence is your top priority. In this role, you ensure that every application we craft not only shines in quality, but also creates meaningful business value for our clients. While you're a project manager by title, we all know it’s more than just managing projects. You inspire success, foster growth, and lead the charge towards innovative solutions and long-lasting client relationships.
Here’s how you make a difference:
- Project Success Champion: Your primary mission is steering projects to success, delivering high-impact, quality solutions to our clients.
- Remote Collaboration Pro: Expertly navigating the remote-first environment, you foster seamless collaboration with internal teams and clients.
- Documentation Guru: You craft the project's blueprint with precision, managing key documents like schedules, status reports, and stakeholder presentations.
- Client Relationship Master: Skilled in building and nurturing client relationships, you adeptly balance client needs with our internal goals, mitigating risks along the way.
- Agile Leadership Advocate: Embodying agile principles, you lead with a focus on team engagement and peak performance, ensuring your team thrives and excels.
- Team Mentor and Coach: As a mentor, you inspire your team, setting and reaching significant goals, nurturing both individual and organizational growth.
Superpowers We’re Seeking
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a project manager in a software development environment
Software Development Life Cycle
- Deep understanding of various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and the knowledge to apply them appropriately
- Strong grasp of technical solutioning concepts, linking business needs with technical architecture and solutions.
Communication and Client Management
- Experience building relationships with internal and external stakeholders by acting as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing strategies for effective communication and collaboration between the development team and non-technical client stakeholders.
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and adaptable to work efficiently and independently in a remote-first environment
- Accurately interprets and effectively responds to client needs, employing strong communication and problem-solving skills to tailor solutions and manage expectations
Project Management and Documentation
- Experience developing statements of work, formal/informal communications, technical reports and proposals
- Extensive experience in managing complex projects, including contract management and process reengineering.
- Proficiency in developing project schedules, identifying and mitigating risks, managing project budgets, and adjusting based on schedule and scope changes.
- Experience in allocating human and technical resources according to project needs
- Experience in managing project budgets with the ability to adjust in response to changes in schedule and project scope.
Gadgets and Gizmos
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience using project management tools, preferably the Atlassian suite (e.g., Jira, TFS).
- Professional certification in Project Management, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute or equivalent.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) credential.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Professional training or certification in Organizational Change Management.
- Prior experience within the government domain.
- Basic understanding of ADA compliance requirements.
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks of paid vacation (prorated for first year)
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- Paid parental leave
- Family building assistance (adoption reimbursement, IVF counseling, etc.)
- 401(k) with immediate employer match
- Workspace customization bonus
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting bonuses
- Monthly communication reimbursement
- Premium healthcare insurance, including medical, dental, and vision for individuals, families, and domestic partners
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer-paid group long-term disability and group life insurance
- Voluntary insurance options, such as pet, critical illness, AD&D, and life.
- Awesome co-workers!
Since the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of us to work remotely, KL&A has embraced the new flexible scheduling that was one of the microscopic lights at the end of the isolated tunnel. As a result, we are conducting all interviews virtually (get your Zoom background ready.) New employees have the option of being onboarded into a virtual, in-person, or hybrid work schedule and are provided the tools they need to begin employment successfully, regardless of location.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.