CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
About the Role
As a Sr. Software Engineer at CloudBees, you will be an essential contributor to the development of our industry-leading software products. You'll work within the Continuous Delivery Release Orchestration collaborative team environment to design, develop, and deliver high-quality solutions that empower our customers to achieve seamless and efficient software delivery.
What You'll Do
· Design, develop, and maintain DevOps solutions that enable organizations to streamline their software development and delivery processes. This includes creating tools, plugins, and integrations that enhance the capabilities of the CloudBees product suite.
· Build cloud-native applications and services on popular cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCP. Utilize microservices architecture and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) to ensure scalability, resilience, and maintainability.
· Implement best practices for code quality, automated testing, and code reviews to ensure software reliability and performance.
· Write unit tests, integration tests, and perform code reviews to maintain high standards.
· Work on new feature development and product enhancements based on customer feedback and industry trends.
· Continuously innovate and propose improvements to existing software solutions.
· Analyze and address complex technical challenges and issues that arise during the software development lifecycle. Debug, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems efficiently.
· Create and maintain technical documentation, including design specifications, user guides, and best practice guidelines.
· Share knowledge and contribute to internal and external technical communities.
· Participate in Agile ceremonies, such as sprint planning, stand-up meetings, and retrospectives.
· Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to ensure alignment and efficient project execution.
· Share your expertise and mentor junior engineers, helping them grow and develop their skills.
· Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the team.
· Stay updated with the latest technologies, tools and cloud computing.
· Proactively learn and adapt to new technologies to drive innovation.
Collaborate with customers to understand their needs, gather feedback, and provide technical support and guidance as needed.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a significant focus on Continuous Integration.
- 3+ years of experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Java is a must. Kubernetes, Docker is a plus
- 2+ years of experience using one or more of MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, Postgres, knows differences between them, can perform SQL query optimisation
- Solid experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Experience with analyzing thread safety and race conditions, parallelism, synchronization, and locking, including between threads, between machines in a cluster, and in the database, including optimistic and pessimistic locking.
- Solid experience with ElasticSearch/OpenSearch.
- Experience in Github, Jira, Zookeeper
- 3+ years of experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to production.
- Expertise in DevOps methodologies, and containerization technologies.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, DevOps culture, and site reliability engineering concepts.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of software development, project management, quality assurance, and customer advocacy.
- Experience with UI & API test automation tools, particularly in Java stack (e.g. JMeter, Gatling, Selenium, Playwright, API testing).
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile empowered environment and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to innovate in a fast-paced industry.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, architectural insight, and a track record of successful projects.
- Proven ability to lead and influence technical decisions across the organization.
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., GCP, AWS or Azure) and advanced CI/CD practices.
- Proven track record of influencing technical directions at both organizational and industry levels.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide technical teams.
- Nice-to-haves include: Perl, Python, PHP, and Shell scripting, C++/CPPUnit, Make, JS/TS
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage with C-level executives.
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year. At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers.
Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization. In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage.
CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere.
Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers. Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment.
All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) or from Paylocity and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker. If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately. If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Signs of a Recruitment Scam
· Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
· Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
· If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
· You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
- You are asked for cell phone account information.