The Account Manager is an integral part of the Client Success Team, at Imarc. Account Managers act as the liaison between the agency and its clients and are required to do so with integrity. They must carefully balance the client’s business objectives and priorities with the agency’s bottom line. They provide a trusted, consistent point of contact for the client as they move between departments and teams at the agency and are focused on delivering results. The Account Manager plays a crucial role in working to retain and expand existing client relationships and grow project-based accounts into long-term, strategic partnerships with steady revenue. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, a deep understanding of marketing and advertising, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Account Managers keep the client – and the agency — satisfied. Balancing the needs of the client against the agency’s bottom line, while being driven by a complex timeline of tasks, requires finesse. While working hand-in-hand with the project managers, they are responsible for making sure client’s needs are met and their voices are heard while pushing the agency to produce its best results. The goal of an Account Manager is to build a strong relationship with the client while gaining a deep understanding of their business to position new products and services.
- Partner with accounts to understand their marketing objectives, collaborate internally to develop strategic plans with KPIs to support those objectives, and work with Imarc production teams to execute.
- Proactively look for “land-and-expand” opportunities with existing clients and promote Imarc’s services and offerings to meet their needs.
- Understand client objectives and work collaboratively with internal teams to deliver strategic solutions.
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations to clients based on industry trends and best practices.
- Foster strong relationships with strategic accounts to be able to make connections with other departments and stakeholders within the client’s organization.
- Advocate for the account within Imarc – keeping on top of all projects across teams and ensuring that the projects are meeting the client’s goals and timelines.
- Build strong relationships with internal Account Executives, Project Managers, and production teams to deliver the best results for the client.
- Support BizDev through the proposal and pitching phases, and act as a liaison between sales and production. Draft SOWs for the business development team as a prospect transitions to a client.
- Support internal teams in developing and maintaining strategic plans that reflect the client’s objectives.
- Deliver annual business reviews to demonstrate the value Imarc is bringing the client.
- Create SOWs and Change Orders for ongoing work and enhancements.
- Lead the Client Success Team in building trust with the client through open, honest communication
What Imarc offers
Imarc is a premier full-service digital agency. We do it all – from brand strategy to website development and everything in between – and we do it well. We have won over 200 industry awards, we have made the Inc 5000 list seven times, and we were named by the Boston Business Journal as one of the top five firms in Massachusetts.
We live and breathe for our clients, and our relationships with them are built on mutual trust and commitment. We are proud to say that some of our clients have been with us since the very beginning. We have the honor of working with some incredible brands including JetBlue, Red Bull, Marriott, Breezeline, and many more.
We believe in building deep connections with our clients and with each other. Everything we do is done with growth in mind, both professionally and personally. We believe in work-life balance and encourage all Imarcians to take their earned time off doing what they love.
We offer lots of tangible benefits that you're probably interested in including: Paid vacation, personal time, and holidays – including half-day Fridays in the summer and paid time off from Christmas to New Year's Day. A company-sponsored retirement plan and an attractive benefits package including health and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance. A great work environment with your favorite laptop, standing desks, friendly co-workers, and a sweet dog named Rocky.
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you. You'll get bonus points for a thoughtful cover letter. We sometimes publish our job listings on other sites, but we prefer that people apply on our Paylocity portal. If you're on another site reading this, click here to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an Account Manager or in a similar client-facing role within an agency.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and advertising strategies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in HubSpot, ZoomInfo, and Google Suite.