CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open-source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement.
We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best-known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated hands-on Manager to join CloudBees Continuous Delivery Release Orchestration Product Development organization. Relying on continuous feedback, you will foster adaptive design, and engineering practices, and drive programs and teams to rally around a shared technical vision that fuels solution development at CloudBees for years to come.
This position is an expert engineering manager making decisions that impact the entire CloudBees Product Suite.
What You'll Do
- Manage all operations activities for in-scope systems including design, testing, performance, development, release, monitoring.
- Foster agile delivery:
- Through balancing the stability and efficiency of the traditional organizational hierarchy with the innovative agility of the network structure found in agile teams.
- o Through empowering direct reports to perform their daily work as part of the network structure with decentralized decision-making.
- o Through eliminating institutional impediments by managing up and across the enterprise.
- Implement and maintain overall engineering objectives and initiatives.
- Confront and solve performance and operational issues to improve development efficiency.
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership to enable a highly effective engineering team including:
- Performance appraisal and feedback
- Setting goals and establishing metrics and accountability
- Coaching and technical mentoring to continuously improve.
- Career growth guidance/assistance
- Facilitation of knowledge and expertise sharing among team members
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Identifying and developing strong pitches for product features
- Hire and retain the best talent for your team by managing the full lifecycle of team member development.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Demonstrated success in leading engineering management across organizations of 20 or more people in enterprise software.
- 12+ years of software development in a technical leadership capacity
- 8+ years of experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to production.
- 3+ years of experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Java a must. Perl, Groovy, Kubernetes, Docker, React is a plus
- 3+ years of experience using MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres
- Solid experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Delivery tools.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices including agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery, open source.
- DevOps enthusiasm with a passion for modern software development practices including agile, continuous integration and continuous delivery, containerization, outcome driven development, iterative development.
- Experience with UI & API test automation tools, particularly in Java stack (e.g. JMeter, Gatling, Selenium, Playwright, API testing).
- Knowledge of SOC controls, general IT security, control frameworks, and familiarity with ISO 27000, NIST, SOX, CIS, PCI DSS, and other standards
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from support or operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Incredible problem-solving abilities and facilitation skills.
- Ability and willingness to grow alongside our organization by learning new technologies and languages.
- Ability to work autonomously and asynchronously.
- Adaptable schedule to handle a distributed team.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Talent for leading through influence and inspiring high achievement.
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year. At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers.
Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization. In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere.
Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers. Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment.
All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) or from Paylocity and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker. If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at email@example.com.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately. If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Signs of a Recruitment Scam
· Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
· Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
· If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
· You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
· You are asked for cell phone account information.
· You are asked to cash a check for “equipment” prior to start.
· You are offered a job offer immediately or without an interview.