The Homeless Outreach Lead Coordinator is responsible for leading and supporting Downtown Dallas Inc.’s homeless outreach and engagement efforts to advance long-term solutions for those experiencing homelessness in Downtown Dallas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate/assist daily street outreach efforts, including morning and end-of-the-day briefings.
• Coordinate daily field operations, including assigned zones.
• Assist in training new homeless outreach members
• Assist in conducting monthly one-on-one
• Oversee the data entry
• Assist in sourcing new referral partners
• Build strong relationships with outreach partners to collaborate on a homeless outreach effort
• Provide success stories to Assistant Manager and Director for the monthly newsletter
• Capture pertinent homeless data for weekly and monthly reports
• Attend weekly and monthly outreach meetings and Downtown Dallas Inc. staff meetings as directed
• Assist in providing detailed weekly and monthly reports documenting homeless engagements, homeward-bound processing, off-the-street counts, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED certificate
• Minimum of two years’ progressive, relevant work experience
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to work independently and supervise others
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidential information and department integrity
• Ability to define problems, collect data, and review related information to develop and evaluate options, implement solutions, and draw valid conclusions.
• Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at hand. The ability to challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations legitimately and objectively. Remains calm under pressure and in stressful situations
• Initiative: Takes a responsible, proactive approach and willingness to get things done independently; readiness to take the lead on new projects, ideas, tasks, or assignments.
• Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keep the promises you make, and acknowledge and accept the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
• Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate conventions based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
• Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives and demonstrate ongoing support for change efforts.
• Intelligence: Understand and comprehend information, as well as find application and value from new knowledge.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of the current role and the technical systems and applications used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization
• Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental, and cultural dynamics within the situation
• Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
• Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data/information
• Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities. Methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished.
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates utmost level of integrity in all instances and shows respect towards others and company principles.
• Judgment: Demonstrates ability to make independent and sound decisions in all situations.
• Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions.
• Quality: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
• Computer Savvy: The knowledge and ability to use computers and technology efficiently and effectively.
• Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages and embraces dialogue from team members, while anticipating and resolving conflicting differences by exploring mutually agreeable solutions.
• Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations.
• Perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction, to receive detailed information through oral communication.
• Extensive walking and standing for the duration of the shift
• Activities in which you must convey spoken, detailed words or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner
• Ascending or descending stairs, ramps, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
• Close and distance vision
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
• Light work that may include moving objects up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to work outdoors in extremes of climate for an eight-hour shift
• Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, traffic)
• Requires heavy public contact requiring considerable interpersonal skill, extensive interaction with the public, requiring a high degree of customer service skills
• Ability to work day and evening shifts, weekends, and extended hours, as necessary.