CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open-source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement.
We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best-known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
About the Role
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will lead projects and develop systems for other team members to use. You are an engineer with full-stack development experience taking ideas from concept to production. You will be part of the CloudBees Continuous Integration engineering team comprising front-end, back-end, and full-stack software engineers doing agile development.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and maintain DevOps solutions that enable organizations to streamline their software development and delivery processes. This includes creating tools, plugins, and integrations that enhance the capabilities of the CloudBees product suite.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, design software solutions, and write clean, efficient, and maintainable code. Contribute to both front-end and back-end development to create well-rounded applications.
- Implement best practices for code quality, automated testing, and code reviews to ensure software reliability and performance. Write unit tests, integration tests, and perform code reviews to maintain high standards.
- Work on new feature development and product enhancements based on customer feedback and industry trends. Continuously innovate and propose improvements to existing software solutions.
- Analyze and address complex technical challenges and issues that arise during the software development lifecycle. Debug, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems efficiently.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including design specifications, user guides, and best practice guidelines. Share knowledge and contribute to internal and external technical communities.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, such as sprint planning, stand-up meetings, and retrospectives. Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to ensure alignment and efficient project execution.
- Share your expertise and mentor engineers, helping them grow and develop their skills. Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the team.
- Stay updated with the latest technologies, tools and cloud computing. Proactively learn and adapt to new technologies to drive innovation.
- Collaborate with customers to understand their needs, gather feedback, and provide technical support and guidance as needed.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, including significant contributions to Continuous Integration.
- 3+ years of experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Java (preferred)/Perl/Python/Groovy is a must. Kubernetes, Docker, React / NextJS, Helm, Maven, Jenkins (this is a very wide range of skills - we do not expect candidates to be super stars in all areas!).
- Experience in Github, JBoss, Jira, Zookeeper
- 5+ years of experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to production.
- Expertise in DevOps methodologies, and containerization technologies.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools, DevOps culture, and site reliability engineering concepts.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of software development, project management, quality assurance, and customer advocacy.
- Cloud certification (AWS/GCP/Azure), Agile certification is a big plus.
- Experience with UI & API test automation tools, particularly in Java stack (e.g. JMeter, Gatling, Selenium, Playwright, API testing).
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills along with a desire to dive into existing Java stack and fix such system.
- Familiarity with HTTP, REST, HTML, JSON, and similar web-based development technologies, and with building complex multi-tier parallel distributed systems that communicate via them (such as the backend of complex websites)
- Test-driven development, including writing reflection-based/class-hierarchy-searching/abstract tests to enforce best practices on other engineers by proactively anticipating places people might fail to observe them and writing tests to catch that.
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile empowered environment and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to innovate in a fast-paced industry.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, architectural insight, and a track record of successful projects.
- Proven ability to lead and influence technical decisions across the organization.
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year. At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers.
Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization. In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere.
Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers. Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment.
All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) or from Paylocity and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker. If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at email@example.com.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately. If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Signs of a Recruitment Scam
· Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
· Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
· If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
· You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
· You are asked for cell phone account information.
· You are asked to cash a check for “equipment” prior to start.
· You are offered a job offer immediately or without an interview.