At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The position of Business Analyst within the Digital department will be responsible for the gathering and defining of business requirements for Digital projects and other initiatives. The Business Analyst will work in conjunction with various segments of the organization to ensure requirements meet stakeholder expectations, map to business processes, are actionable for solutioning, and traceable through testing. This requires cultivating partnerships across the Asurint community to ensure we are continually delivering leading-edge solutions to meet aligned business objectives. To succeed in this role, you should have developed critical thinking skills and be able to explain complex concepts to non-technical users.
Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience with process mapping tools and methodologies, software development lifecycle, and problem-solving is required.
- Experience understanding and questioning activities and issues in all functional areas and making sound business decisions based upon that data is required.
- Experience using influence management and conflict resolution tactics is required.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong professional presence and experience communicating and interacting with business leaders.
- Experience with and understanding of software development is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business systems such as general ledger, order management, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or a related field is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 2 years in business analysis required.
- Years of experience supervising: None
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer