Provides basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with bank procedures.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide better than expected service to both external and internal customers.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Prepares change orders for commercial customers.
- Receives safe deposit box and loan payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer. Generates customer receipts.
- Performs a variety of customer service transactions, including account holds, stop-payment orders, cash advances, savings bond redemption and address changes.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Acts as second person in the processing of ATM, bank-by-mail and night deposits transactions.
- Issues travelers checks, cashiers checks, gift cards and reloadable cards.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Counts and bags coin, rolls coin for sale to vault.
- Completes Currency Transaction Reports, Monetary Instrument Logs as required by the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Assists as needed with debit card PIN activation.
- Promotes other bank services such as consumer loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes and online banking with bill-pay.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
This job description in no way should be construed as a contract for employment. These job duties may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of in-house training program.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills; ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and computers.
- Good customer service skills.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Bank Secrecy Act:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and comply with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to stand, sit, talk, hear and lift up to 25 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.