Connect for Health has a great opportunity for an Issuer Strategic Relations Manager
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help, and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The primary role of the Issuer Strategic Relations Manager is to build and maintain strong partnerships with insurance companies that offer products through Connect for Health Colorado or Colorado Connect. Tasked with understanding issuer needs and priorities to inform strategy, identify business development opportunities, and make recommendations to C4HCO leadership to better meet the needs of our shared customers.
The Issuer Strategic Relations Manager has primary responsibility for the following:
- Build and strengthen relationships and communication with insurance company partners.
- Maintain awareness and deep understanding of industry trends to identify new business opportunities and recommend strategy for both new and existing collaborations with issuers.
- Provides research, analysis and recommendations on the external environment to develop an issuer relations strategy.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams, including with the Issuer Operations Manager, on the short and long term Connect for Health Colorado and Colorado Connect strategy for account management, including growth targets and success factors.
- Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities.
- Monitor and analyze relevant state and federal policies affecting issuers.
- Manage annual issuer survey and present results to C4HCO Leadership and Board of Directors; develop corresponding action plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with Exchange or private health insurance, preferably in business development, government relations, stakeholder relations, policy, and/or ACA implementation required.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Ability to take initiative and find creative solutions and effective ways of communicating business solutions.
- Excellent skills in consensus-building, persuasion, negotiation and influence, including the ability to navigate and accomplish results in a complex political environment.
- Colorado resident.
- Currently working remotely
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
- Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Employees are offered a robust benefits package and may elect from various offerings to tailor a package best suited to their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The salary ranges from $72,300 - $89,300.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.
Connect for Health Colorado accepts applications on an ongoing basis until a qualified candidate is selected.