The associate teacher instructs students and supports the classroom teacher(s) in fulfilling responsibilities of the classroom in accordance with the schools Mission Statement. The associate teacher facilitates engagement of learning in whole, small and one-on-one settings and steps in as the lead teacher in the absence or direction of the lead teacher.
- Implement instructional activities within a nurturing, inviting, and structured classroom environment
- Assist as needed in developing well-planned lessons through a Biblical worldview including appropriate work within and outside of the classroom
- Develop a rapport with students and parents
- Communicate effectively in oral and written forms with students, parents, and other professionals
- Carry out established procedures and monitor behavioral expectations for students
- Follow teacher expectations during lessons to support the goals of instruction
- Monitor student progress through observations and assignments as well as behavior and social development
- Maintain accurate and timely records
- Observe and collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Supervise students as needed in classroom and specials classes
- Assist children and teacher(s) as needed or directed
- Care for and nurture the social, emotional, and spiritual needs of students
- Participate in associated duties such as carpool, lunch, and recess
- Complete administrative duties, such as attendance, filing papers, grading assignments, etc.
- Attend staff meetings
- Other responsibilities as determined by assigned teacher(s) or administration
Professional and Personal Attributes, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working with elementary-aged children
- Bachelors degree required
- Ability to show patience and grace while helping the students to maintain the expectations of the classroom
- Embraces a strong commitment to the mission of Whitefield Academy
In addition, the person should:
- Commit to living his/her life under the lordship of Christ
- Model a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ, and be a Christian role model in speech, actions, and attitudes, which contributes to the spiritual atmosphere of the school
- Believe and affirm the schools Statement of Faith
- Commit to exhibiting Whitefield's core value for our students to experience diversity that reflects the body of Christ and support the schools diversity vision that aims at unity in Christ
- Demonstrate evidence of consistent spiritual activities such as worship at a local church, fellowship with the body of Christ, personal devotional time with the Lord, and individual study of scripture
- Evidence the fruit of the Spirit in the nurturing of relationships with other staff members, students, families, and the community at large
- Be actively involved in a local church
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A request for reasonable accommodations must be submitted to the HR department.
Work for this position will take place primarily in a classroom. The physical demands of this position include lifting up to 10 pounds often, up to 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds rarely; carrying up to 10 pounds often, up to 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds rarely; crawling rarely; climbing/balancing and kneeling intermittently; pushing/pulling and crouching regularly; reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, and stooping often. To perform this job the person must be able to talk, hear, stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time; and must possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Schools right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects managements assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
This full-time position will begin July 31, 2024. To apply please go to www.whitefieldacademy.com under About Us/Employment. Whitefield Academy is an equal opportunity employer.